Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac designer Edmund McMillen has confirmed that he and programmer Tyler Glaiel have been working on a new project that will be announced sometime in the near future.
In an post on The Binding of Isaac’s Tumblr outlining the game’s upcoming booster content, McMillen teased the new project, saying:
on a side note not many of you know this but Tyler and i have been in crunch mode for the past 3 months trying to finish this secret project. we are coming close to announcing it and its release date, so keep and eye out for it, i dont want to spoil the fun yet but i can say this.
its hard, its weird, its personal, its has amazing controls, its a totally new unannounced IP and its easily one of the largest games ive ever made level wise.
Last year, McMillen announced a new game called The Legend of Bum-bo and teased another project that has since been officially titled Øuroboros. Since this new project is described as “a totally new unannounced IP,” it’s safe to say that whatever McMillen is teasing now is something entirely different. What we can expect is that it is going to be something absolutely absurd and possibly incredibly disturbing, but a hit regardless – or perhaps because of- that fact.
- Ed McMillen Addresses The New Direction He's Headed In With Fans
- Super Meat Boy Will Hit The Nintendo Switch In January
- You'll Get A Physical Version Of 'Super Meat Boy'... In 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018
- What Even is Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden? Funcom is Here to Explain - October 18, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Releases a New Trailer for Thronebreaker - October 18, 2018