Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac designer Edmund McMillen has confirmed that he and programmer Tyler Glaiel have been working on a new project that will be announced sometime in the near future.
In an post on The Binding of Isaac’s Tumblr outlining the game’s upcoming booster content, McMillen teased the new project, saying:
on a side note not many of you know this but Tyler and i have been in crunch mode for the past 3 months trying to finish this secret project. we are coming close to announcing it and its release date, so keep and eye out for it, i dont want to spoil the fun yet but i can say this.
its hard, its weird, its personal, its has amazing controls, its a totally new unannounced IP and its easily one of the largest games ive ever made level wise.
Last year, McMillen announced a new game called The Legend of Bum-bo and teased another project that has since been officially titled Øuroboros. Since this new project is described as “a totally new unannounced IP,” it’s safe to say that whatever McMillen is teasing now is something entirely different. What we can expect is that it is going to be something absolutely absurd and possibly incredibly disturbing, but a hit regardless – or perhaps because of- that fact.
- Ed McMillen Addresses The New Direction He's Headed In With Fans
- Super Meat Boy Will Hit The Nintendo Switch In January
- You'll Get A Physical Version Of 'Super Meat Boy'... In 2018
- Arc System Works Will be Patching Dragon Ball FighterZ’s Online Bugs - February 23, 2018
- More Details Emerge for the Western Release of Shining Resonance: Refrain - February 23, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII’s Multiplayer Will Be Available for Free on PC This Weekend - February 23, 2018
- The Ghosts of Pharaohs Past Will Haunt You in Second AC: Origins DLC Expansion - February 23, 2018
- Metal Gear Survive’s Daily Challenge Missions Start Today - February 23, 2018