Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac designer Edmund McMillen has confirmed that he and programmer Tyler Glaiel have been working on a new project that will be announced sometime in the near future.
In an post on The Binding of Isaac’s Tumblr outlining the game’s upcoming booster content, McMillen teased the new project, saying:
on a side note not many of you know this but Tyler and i have been in crunch mode for the past 3 months trying to finish this secret project. we are coming close to announcing it and its release date, so keep and eye out for it, i dont want to spoil the fun yet but i can say this.
its hard, its weird, its personal, its has amazing controls, its a totally new unannounced IP and its easily one of the largest games ive ever made level wise.
Last year, McMillen announced a new game called The Legend of Bum-bo and teased another project that has since been officially titled Øuroboros. Since this new project is described as “a totally new unannounced IP,” it’s safe to say that whatever McMillen is teasing now is something entirely different. What we can expect is that it is going to be something absolutely absurd and possibly incredibly disturbing, but a hit regardless – or perhaps because of- that fact.
- Ed McMillen Addresses The New Direction He's Headed In With Fans
- Super Meat Boy Will Hit The Nintendo Switch In January
- You'll Get A Physical Version Of 'Super Meat Boy'... In 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Director on the end of Lara Croft’s Origin Story - May 21, 2018
- Tencent Acquires Majority Stake in Path of Exile Dev Grinding Gear - May 21, 2018
- The Elder Scrolls Online Celebrates the Summerset Expansion Launch with a New Trailer - May 21, 2018
- Square Enix’s End-of-Year Net Sales Down Due to Lack of Blockbuster Releases - May 21, 2018
- Hearts of Iron the Board Game is Still in Pre-Alpha Development - May 21, 2018