Talking to Black Panther writer Ta-Nehesi Coates, he has told The Verge website that his Black Panther spinoff series Black Panther & The Crew has been cancelled after #6 – the decision being made after two issues had been published.
This will be one fewer issue than the original The Crew series achieved back in 2003.
Black Panther & The Crew by Coates, Yona Harvey and Jackson Guice teamed Black Panther, Misty Knight, Luke Cage, Storm and Manifold for a street-level superhero team, exploring an untold story from the Marvel Universe with a 1950’s superhero team in Harlem, the leader of whom recently died in police custody.
Coates tells The Verge that “the mystery will be solved,” even though the series couldn’t find an audience.
The other Black Panther spinoff series, Black Panther: World Of Wakanda was also cancelled with #6 last month.
The cover to Black Panther & The Crew issue 4 out in July is below. We can presume the final issue will be in September.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates - The New Writer On Marvel Comics' Captain America?
- Black Panther #14 Review - The Gods Of Wakanda Are Missing In This Deepening Mystery
- Nick Spencer Tweets On Trickle Down Economics For The Comics Industry
- Donny Cates, Jack Kirby And Grant Morrison – The Biggest Bargains In The Heavy Metal Magazine Sale, Ending in 24 Hours - June 27, 2017
- Iron Maiden Comics By Llexi Leon, Ian Edginton And Kevin J. West In Heavy Metal Magazine, Starring Eddie For The First Time - June 27, 2017
- Marvel Schedules Conference Call With ComicsPRO Comic Stores Over Marvel Legacy Concern - June 27, 2017
- The Secret Loves Of Geeks With Margaret Atwood, Gerard Way, Amy Chu And More For Valentine’s Day 2018 - June 27, 2017
- Five Graphic Novels From Caliber Entertainment In September 2017, Including Two From Don Lomax - June 27, 2017