Keiynan Lonsdale, who stars in The CW’s The Flash as Kid Flash/Wally West, has come out publicly as bisexual in an emotional post on twitter.
Lonsdale discusses finding how more young people are being their truest selves and living honestly, and that he himself is sick of pretending of being something he is not.
— Keiynan Lonsdale 🌈 (@KeiynanLonsdale) May 13, 2017
In an honest move, it is nice to see a young actor again feel free to be their true and complete self openly in the media, and I’m sure Lonsdale in turn will also inspire with his own honesty and strength. Especially with how important and vital an issue like bi-visibility in the media is, as bisexuality is either under-represented, treated as a joke or sees bi characters as villains and untrustworthy.
Change can only come with honesty and openness and we applaud Lonsdale on being a part of that.
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017