Because it was published in the traditional Japanese publishing fashion. From back to front, and right to left. And in the original black-and-white. And Marvel didn’t think to specify this to retailers when ordering.
And as some readers have a real aversion to reading any comics in this fashion, Marvel Comics has been persuaded to make the entirety of Zombies Assemble returnable, the issue 1 that came out this week, issue 2 out in June, issue 0 out in July and even issue 3 out in August, because the listing has already been printed in the upcoming Diamond Previews catalogue.
At $4.99 a pop that might be a financial blow for such a highly promoted launch.
- Action Comics #1000 Exclusive Covers From Dan Jurgens, Curt Swan, Francesco Mattina and Tyler Kirkham - March 20, 2018
- Titans and Teen Titans End – What’s Next? - March 20, 2018
- A Sneak Peek at Brian Michael Bendis’s Script for Action Comics #1000 - March 20, 2018
- Chuck Dixon’s Batman Knightfall Recut Continues for 25th Anniversary - March 20, 2018
- The Actual Marvel Comics Solicits for June 2018 - March 20, 2018