As tickets officially go on sale for Wonder Woman and the projected box office continues to rise Fandango and Deadline decided to look into how excited people are for the upcoming movie. Regardless of whether or not you’re a fan of DC or Wonder Woman this movie is a big deal because it’s a huge, tent pole movie with a female lead and female director.
In a recent Fandango moviegoer poll, 92% said that they are looking forward to seeing a movie featuring a standalone female superhero. … Other findings from those 1,000 polled on Thursday: 87% wish Hollywood would make more movies featuring female superheroes, … In addition, 65% are excited Wonder Woman was directed by a female filmmaker, Patty Jenkins.
Those are all very promising numbers and further proof that the demand for female superheroes has always been there even if studios weren’t interested in giving them a real chance. The polls taken during the lead up and after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice reveal that Wonder Woman was a huge draw for that movie.
In fact when Fandango polled moviegoers before Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice bowed last year, 88% said that Wonder Woman’s big screen debut was the main reason why they wanted to see the Zack Snyder-directed movie. … while 80% claim Gal Gadot’s appearance as Wonder Woman was one of their favorite parts of last year’s hit Batman v. Superman (which opened to $166M).
The princess is here, and ready, to conquer the world.
Wonder Woman will be released on June 2, 2017 and 92% of us would really like it not to suck.
- Jay Ryan Joins the Cast of It: Chapter 2 as Adult Ben Hanscom - May 23, 2018
- Deadpool 2 Writers Didn’t Know What This Common Trope Was [Spoilers] - May 23, 2018
- Marvel Tried to Keep the Russo Brothers from Killing [Spoiler] in Avengers: Infinity War - May 22, 2018
- 2 New TV Spots for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - May 22, 2018
- This Scene Almost Didn’t Make it into Deadpool 2 [Spoilers] - May 22, 2018