As blood continues to run in the streets as the networks have been heavy handed with the cancellation-hammer this week, word has finally emerged that NBC has cancelled the freshman superhero series, Powerless. The move comes as no surprise after the network pulled the final two episodes from their Thursday night timeslot without rescheduling it back on April 25th (replacing it with Superstore).
Starring Vanessa Hudgens and Alan Tudyk, the workplace comedy series featured a cast of characters trying to create various technical gadgets to help protect the citizens from the collateral damage of superheroes fighting in and around the city. The company was a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises, and with Tudyk’s character playing the cousin of Bruce Wayne.
The series showrunner, Patrick Schumaker has been keeping the faith on twitter, but tonight commented, “This one stings real bad.” Schumaker’s prior shows include iZombie, Surviving Jack, and Cougar Town.
No word thus far on if or when the final episodes will see the light of day. I would expect for the network to sit on them until the season brick is put out on DVD/Blu-Ray.
- The Doctor Who Season 10 Finale Trailer! Cybermen, The Maser, And Regeneration Glow - June 24, 2017
- Transformers The Last Knight Review: A Popcorn Movie If Ever There Was One - June 20, 2017
- New Monsters & Cast Revealed For Godzilla: King Of The Monsters - June 19, 2017
- Look! It Moves! – The Bad Batch Is Tasty But Undercooked Meat - June 19, 2017
- Watch Neill Blomkamp Alien Invasion Short Film ‘Rakka’, Starring Sigourney Weaver - June 19, 2017