Netflix has a new original series and they decided to call it Gypsy. This is willful ignorance at its best because you cannot tell us that there wasn’t anyone in Netflix who knows that “gypsy” is rapidly turning into a slur for the Romani people. The worst part is the series appears to be playing off of the word “gyp” or the idea to commit fraud or swindle someone. In this case doing the opposite of what the doctor, played by Naomi Watts, is saying she’s supposed to do. The title is racist, there is no way around it, and it should be changed right away.
Aside from that it actually looks really good which is a shame.
Therapist Jean Holloway becomes too immersed in the lives of her patients.
Gypsy, or whatever it ends up being called we can hope it changes in the next six weeks, will stream to Netflix June 30, 2017.
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018