2K Games and Aspyr are bringing Mafia III to Mac tomorrow. The announcement was made over on MacGamerHQ as an exclusive reveal.
Mafia III will be available on Steam and the Mac App Store for $39.99. The Mafia III Digital Deluxe will be available on Steam for $59.99 and will contain additional, post-release downloadable content, including the Season Pass at additional savings.
Also, the Family Kick Back Pack and the Faster, Baby! DLCs are included with the Digital Deluxe or Season Pass. They cost $4.99 and $14.99, respectively. The Judge, Jury and Executioner Weapon Pack will be available as a free purchase. No news was given on whether the Stones Unturned DLC will be included.
The minimum system requirements are the following:
- Operating System: macOS 10.12.4 (Sierra)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 (4 cores)
- Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB
- Hard Drive Space: 50 GB
- Video Card (AMD): Radeon R9 M290X
- VRAM: 2 GB
Mafia III requires an AMD video card with at least 2GB of VRAM. Intel Graphics Cards are not supported, nor are NVIDIA Graphics Cards.
This an example of a supported Mac:
You can find instructions on how to locate your system profile in this video from Aspyr.
Also, if you’re wondering what can be expected when trying to play Mafia 3 on an unsupported Mac, Aspyr’s advice is the following:
We do not recommend that you attempt to play Mafia III on any chipset other than AMD with at least 2GB of VRAM. Without meeting these requirements, users can expect sub-par framerates or severe game instability.
Theses are the ONLY qualified Mac models:
- AMD Radeon Pro 450, 455, or 460 (late 2016 MBP)
- AMD Radeon R9 M370X (mid 2015 and 2016 MBP)
- AMD Radeon R9 M380, M390, M395, or M395X (late 2015 iMac)
- AMD Radeon R9 M290X or Radeon R9 M295X (late 2014 iMac)
- AMD FirePro D300, dual AMD FirePro D500, or dual AMD FirePro D700 (late 2013 MacPro)
Thats… a number of specifications for a Mac port. The lack of NVIDIA support is also a shocker. NVIDIA is one of the leading graphics card manufacturers. That Mafia III only supports AMD models will absolutely frustrate the hell out of a lot of prospective Mac players. But if you do have one of the AMD models specified above, well, this is fantastic news.
The Mac reveal trailer is below.
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Looks More and More Promising - October 14, 2018
- Frostpunk Cleans Up at First Annual CEEGA Awards - October 13, 2018
- Daybreak Games Announces EverQuest 2 Expansion “Chaos Descending” - October 11, 2018
- The Razer Phone Users Will Have Exclusive Armajet Content - October 11, 2018
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Gets an Early Launch Trailer - October 11, 2018