According to a recent rumor, an upcoming DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops III could be a compilation of remastered Zombie maps from previous CoD games. The rumor follows after a quickly a post on the ESRB website (which was quickly removed but has been cached by Google) which was focused on a title called “Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles.” Naturally, that sparked speculation about a collection of Treyarch’s Zombies maps from over the years.
Reddit user DTZcPorter has since claimed to have decrypted to an upcoming Black Ops III ‘Message of the Day’ that confirms that fact. The DLC will seemingly include 8 remastered maps from Treyarch’s past Call of Duty games, as well as some added extras.
The full list of inclusions for the supposed DLC are below:
- 3 maps from Call of Duty®: World at War: Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt and Shi No Numa
- 4 maps from Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Kino Der Toten, Ascension, Shangri-la and Moon
- 1 map from Call of Duty®: Black Ops II: Origins
- Takeo and Richtofen Calling Cards
- Dempsey and Nikolai Calling Cards
- Zombies Heroes Animated Calling Cards
- Limited Edition Camouflage Tin Can
The Message of the Day also supposedly says that the DLC will be released first on PS4.
It’s possible that this DLC might be revealed soon. YouTuber JCbackfire recently revealed that there will be a special announcement on his channel tomorrow from Black Ops 3 director, Jason Blundell. Of course, that announcement from Blundell could be something entirely different.
Looks like we’ll just have to wait for tomorrow.