A few weeks ago I posted about Epcot’s new re-usable wine class that guests could buy and refill through the park. Since I’m an annual pass holder for Disney World and go more times than I care to admit, I naturally went and bought one. For science. For work. Really, for work.
The glass is your standard acrylic cup that comes wrapped in plastic. For a company that wants to reduce their plastic trash intake, I feel like this is unnecessary. I bought the glass in the France Pavilion for $5, but you can also buy it in Germany and Italy. You get no discounts on wine after you buy it, but oh well. You’re in Disney, expect to shell out money.
Thankfully the World Showcase has a good selection of wine’s to pick from. That being said, you can only use the cup in France, Italy and Germany. You can’t fill it up in the American pavilion, but that could change. Whenever I was done a glass I’d rinse the cup out in the park, toss is in my bag, and went on with my life. It’s pretty durable as it survived multiple trips into my backpack, so that’s always a plus. I have not thrown it into the dishwasher (I washed it by hand when I got home), and with the sticker on the cup I’m not sure if I would. It may hold up after one or two cycles, but I’d be hesitant after that. Do I think this is a good deal? Not really, but if you’re into recycling and reducing plastic waste, go for it. It does make for a unique souvenir, and it really is inexpensive which is hard to find in Disney.
- Ready to See Avengers: Infinity War? Step Out in Style with GameStop - April 24, 2018
- Nerd Food: Sweet Heat Skittles Give Your Mouth a Spicy Kick - April 24, 2018
- Nerd Food: This Toy Story Pizza Planet Fondue is Out of This World - April 24, 2018
- Nerd Fashion: Jordandené Brings Nerd Power to Fashion and Podcasting - April 24, 2018
- Nerd Food at Home: Don’t Fly Solo When Enjoying These Chewbacca Cake Cups - April 24, 2018