TBS! One of the few cable networks still willing to take chances on random chaos is throwing the dice one again and hoping you tune in. They’ve already had two successful seasons of an eLeague show based around CS:GO, and now they’re partnering with Capcom to create a celebrity TV game show based around a Street Fighter V tournament.
The eLeague Street Fighter V Invitational Celebrity Showdown will kick off on April 28 on TBS, there are no real rules out there as to how the tournament is going to work, but we do know that players will compete for a $45k jackpot that will go to a charity of their choice, while the losers will all receive various amounts to go to their charities. Who is on board you may be asking? A couple interesting names that might actually make this worth watching. First of, Shaquille O’Neal! The man who helped bring you one of the worst fighting games of the ’90s is a contender. He’ll be competing against musician/rapper Lupe Fiasco, soon-t0-be-former WWE wrestler Eva Marie, and NFL running back (currently a free agent) Reggie Bush. Regardless of who wins, it looks like it might be fun to check out. Let’s hope it isn’t made into a total frankenbite-dramafest reality show as they make their way to the competition. Enjoy the trailer below from B/R eSports.
— B/R esports (@BResports_) April 20, 2017
- Nintendo Going To Be Somewhat Low-Key At E3 Again - April 30, 2017
- ‘Warspear Online’ Getting Some Changes With New 6.5 Update - April 30, 2017
- Deadbeat Punches Their Ticket To E3 After Winning The ‘Splatoon’ U.S. Inkling Open - April 30, 2017
- We’re Getting A New ‘Shaq Fu’ Game For The Switch And We Can’t Understand Why - April 29, 2017
- The Kirby 25th Anniversary Stuff In Tokyo Is Too Adorkable To Ignore - April 29, 2017