TBS! One of the few cable networks still willing to take chances on random chaos is throwing the dice one again and hoping you tune in. They’ve already had two successful seasons of an eLeague show based around CS:GO, and now they’re partnering with Capcom to create a celebrity TV game show based around a Street Fighter V tournament.
The eLeague Street Fighter V Invitational Celebrity Showdown will kick off on April 28 on TBS, there are no real rules out there as to how the tournament is going to work, but we do know that players will compete for a $45k jackpot that will go to a charity of their choice, while the losers will all receive various amounts to go to their charities. Who is on board you may be asking? A couple interesting names that might actually make this worth watching. First of, Shaquille O’Neal! The man who helped bring you one of the worst fighting games of the ’90s is a contender. He’ll be competing against musician/rapper Lupe Fiasco, soon-t0-be-former WWE wrestler Eva Marie, and NFL running back (currently a free agent) Reggie Bush. Regardless of who wins, it looks like it might be fun to check out. Let’s hope it isn’t made into a total frankenbite-dramafest reality show as they make their way to the competition. Enjoy the trailer below from B/R eSports.
— B/R esports (@BResports_) April 20, 2017
- A Chat With The Future Group's Co-Founder Over Their New ELEAGUE Broadcast Partnership
- Capcom's End Of Year Results Are In And Resident Evil 7 And Monster Hunter Are To Blame For The Profits
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr Pushed to June - April 19, 2018
- Microsoft Apparently Hiring for Next Xbox Console Design - April 19, 2018
- Is SNK Teasing a Mini Neo Geo Console for Their 40th Anniversary? - April 19, 2018
- TinyBuild Games Shows Off the Graveyard Keeper Reveal Trailer - April 19, 2018
- Michelle Rodriguez and Kristine Leahy Will Guest Star on H1Z1 Pro League - April 19, 2018