This week Jason talks to Mark Voger, author of Monster Mash: The Creepy, Kooky Monster Craze In America 1957-1972 (Twomorrows Publishing). We get into horror hosts, toys, books, movies, and why monsters became an integral part of mid-century pop culture. You can find Mark at www.markvoger.com.
Listen on YouTube:
Some more great images from the book:
Castle of Horror Podcast Links:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or onYouTube.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, writer of IDW’s Ben 10 series and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing. Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man, Tony Salvaggio of Clockwerx from Humanoids, attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver, and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Castle of Horror: ‘I Married a Monster from Outer Space’ Is a 1950s Nightmare of Closeted Marital Misery - May 14, 2018
- Castle of Horror: Get Ready for Atomic Big Bugs with ‘Them!’, Plus We Dish on Infinity War - May 7, 2018
- Castle Talk: Larry Blamire, Creator of Lost Skeleton, on Never Having Enough Time - May 2, 2018
- Castle Talk: Cutter Wood Explores What Attracts Us to a Crime in ‘Love and Death in the Sunshine State’ - May 1, 2018
- Castle of Horror: The Lost Skeleton Commands You to Know the Difference Between Parody and Camp - May 1, 2018