Black Hive’s Kova is a former Steam Greenlight project that has now moved it’s way over to Kickstarter. The game is a side-scrolling action RPG and basically looks really freaking cool. The game was successful in it’s Greenlight campaign and looks like it’s going to continue that success with Kickstarter. The game’s goal is also pretty low, sitting at a cool $28,000 USD. It’s less than halfway funded as of press time, but still has more than a week to go. It’s an all or nothing campaign, so it’s only getting made if they make their goal by next Wednesday.
The project is a throwback, as many indie projects are. It’s been made in the style of Metroid or Castlevania but with a more modern, sci-fi flare. Kova’s campaign teases a free playable demo, but only for backers. Which is a bit of a let-down, but I do understand why it’s a backers-only sort of perk. Would have been nice to test it out before deciding as some other Kickstarter’s have done, and that might have been a factor into how it’s not been fully funded yet. Because, based on the various trailers and updates the team have put together, this one should have been in the bag. It passed through Greenlight, was picked up by PC Gamer, but still isn’t at half-way after 20 days on the campaign trail.
You can check out the Kova project here. The latest trailer, named ‘Isolation,’ is below. I’d definitely recommend a look.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood Is Stunning And Damn Well Worth The Hype – A Spoiler-Free Review - June 25, 2017
- Koji Igarashi Discusses Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night, Konami, And 505 Games - June 25, 2017
- The Recycled Console As Switch Dock Fad Continues - June 24, 2017
- Binding Of Isaac Afterbirth + Is Getting A PS4 Release - June 24, 2017
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Gives Us A Glimpse Of Hela - June 24, 2017