Thanks to Siliconera, we have more details on Square Enix’s newest installment in the Dragon Quest series, this time they were showing off Dragon Quest XI‘s key villains. The details were found on the game’s site and translated by Siliconera
The first character is King Delkadal. Described as a wise man and an able swordsman, he is the ruler of the nation of Delkadal. To quote Siliconera’s description, “in addition to being known as the wisest king of Rotozetasia, [King Delkadal]’s a master swordsman, having all the qualities needed for a King, thus giving him the nickname of the “Uncommon King.” He’s known for being a lenient man, but when order is disturbed, he takes strict measures.” He’s also already aware of the protagonist of Dragon Quest XI, making him one of the game’s key characters.
Next on the list is Greig, the one man army of Delkadal. “He’s unparalleled in the kingdom when it comes to swordsmanship, and he has yet to lose a fight despite fighting hundreds of monsters up until now. His loyalty is second to none, and wouldn’t think twice to throw away his life if it’s needed to shield the lord.”
Lastly is Homeros, the cold-hearted tactician of the bunch. His “tactics are known throughout all across Delkadal. He’s known for his many achievements, such as the time he took down a huge army of monsters with a tiny force. He’s a man who uses quick wits and precise judgment according to his situations in order to ensure victory.”
And those are the three main antagonists of the latest installment of Dragon Quest, though we still don’t have word on if the game will be making the jump to the West. As of now, it is only planned to hit the Japanese market, though given some of Square’s recent moves, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it show up here in a few years. The Japanese release is scheduled for July 29th. We recently got details about the game’s PS4 and 3DS bundle which was just a bit baffling.
- 'Dragon Quest XI' Announced For Western Release Next Year
- Square Enix Shows Off New Footage Of 'Dragon Quest XI'
- 'Dragon Quest XI' Coming To North America Sometime In The Future
- A New Switch Update Will Allow For User And Save Data Transfers - October 19, 2017
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider Was Gorgeous Already And Now Its Even Better - October 19, 2017
- Monster Energy Supercross Is Milestone’s Second Attempt At An Arcade Racer - October 19, 2017
- Gran Turismo Sport’s Ultimate Bundle Is Ridiculous - October 18, 2017
- Cyberpunk 2077 Development Is “Continuing As Planned” Says CD Projekt Red - October 18, 2017