Tomorrow sees the final issue of Star-Lord, published by Marvel Comics and its writer, Chip Zdarsky, has taken to Tumblr to promote it.
Previously, Chip criticised Bleeding Cool for reporting that his previous Howard The Duck series was cancelled, when it was only ever planned as a 12 issue series for Marvel. It was just that Marvel has called it an ongoing series. As we discovered, Marvel believes that calling something a limited series is a “kiss of death” so they just don’t tell anyone.
And so we presumed that was the same for Star-Lord with Kris Anka and Matt Wilson. A six-issue limited series. It seems not. As Zdarsky says, “it may show the higher-ups that a series should breathe a bit before laid out to pasture.”
So that is “cancelled” then, yes? I get the feeling that shouldn;t be an issue with his next Marvel series, Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man.
- Chip Zdarsky To Pose As A Life Model At This Year's Lakes International Comic Art Festival
- A Comic Store In Your Future - Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much.
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017