Tomorrow sees the final issue of Star-Lord, published by Marvel Comics and its writer, Chip Zdarsky, has taken to Tumblr to promote it.
Previously, Chip criticised Bleeding Cool for reporting that his previous Howard The Duck series was cancelled, when it was only ever planned as a 12 issue series for Marvel. It was just that Marvel has called it an ongoing series. As we discovered, Marvel believes that calling something a limited series is a “kiss of death” so they just don’t tell anyone.
And so we presumed that was the same for Star-Lord with Kris Anka and Matt Wilson. A six-issue limited series. It seems not. As Zdarsky says, “it may show the higher-ups that a series should breathe a bit before laid out to pasture.”
So that is “cancelled” then, yes? I get the feeling that shouldn;t be an issue with his next Marvel series, Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man.
- Chip Zdarsky To Pose As A Life Model At This Year's Lakes International Comic Art Festival
- A Comic Store In Your Future - Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much.
- Neal Adams Calls For Auschwitz Museum To Return Paintings To Dina Babbit - November 17, 2017
- Was That A Doomsday Clock Reference In The Justice League Movie? - November 17, 2017
- After 42 Years, Seattle’s Zanadu Comics To Close In 2018 - November 17, 2017
- The Full Comic Creator Credits From The Justice League Movie - November 17, 2017
- SCOOP: C.B. Cebulski Is The New Editor-In-Chief Of Marvel Comics - November 17, 2017