Both ICV2 and ComicChron estimated sales of X-O Manowar #1 at around 60,000, noting that the reported sale has 10% knocked off because it was made returnable and retailers could return unsold quantities.
The common complaint from publishers is that these estimates are constantly wrong. But publishers rarely actually release sales numbers.
At the Valiant Summit, happening right now, they announced that, actually, sales were north of 90,000.
Check out all of the announcements from the Valiant Summit here.
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters – 18th March 2018 – DC Comics Collect Their Thoughts - March 18, 2018