Both ICV2 and ComicChron estimated sales of X-O Manowar #1 at around 60,000, noting that the reported sale has 10% knocked off because it was made returnable and retailers could return unsold quantities.
The common complaint from publishers is that these estimates are constantly wrong. But publishers rarely actually release sales numbers.
At the Valiant Summit, happening right now, they announced that, actually, sales were north of 90,000.
Check out all of the announcements from the Valiant Summit here.
- Suicide Squad Has A Brand New Leader. But Amanda Waller Is Going To Make You Wait. - June 28, 2017
- DC Comics Allows Dark Nights: Metal #1 To Go On Sale From Midnight On Tuesday, August 15th - June 28, 2017
- Batman #24 Goes To Fourth Print For Marriage Proposal. #25 Goes To Second Print - June 28, 2017
- Preview Of Shirtless Bear-Fighter #2 Brings You… The Hillbilly Warlock - June 28, 2017
- So This Is Why They Call It “The Mount” – Sex Lives Of The Superheroes In Occupy Avengers #8 - June 28, 2017