Both ICV2 and ComicChron estimated sales of X-O Manowar #1 at around 60,000, noting that the reported sale has 10% knocked off because it was made returnable and retailers could return unsold quantities.
The common complaint from publishers is that these estimates are constantly wrong. But publishers rarely actually release sales numbers.
At the Valiant Summit, happening right now, they announced that, actually, sales were north of 90,000.
Check out all of the announcements from the Valiant Summit here.
- Rick Veitch’s Maximortal Sequel In Stock At Amazon Right Now - October 19, 2017
- Udon Puts Gisèle Lagacé And David Lumsdon’s Ménage À 3 Into Print In February 2018 - October 19, 2017
- 25 DC Variant Covers By Grampa, Sienkiewicz, Hitch, Lee And More For November Including Metal #4 - October 19, 2017
- Mighty Thor #700, One Of 7 Marvel Legacy Comics Going To Second Print - October 19, 2017
- Will You Have A New Year’s Eve Party, Or Wait For An Avengers #675 Party? - October 19, 2017