Both ICV2 and ComicChron estimated sales of X-O Manowar #1 at around 60,000, noting that the reported sale has 10% knocked off because it was made returnable and retailers could return unsold quantities.
The common complaint from publishers is that these estimates are constantly wrong. But publishers rarely actually release sales numbers.
At the Valiant Summit, happening right now, they announced that, actually, sales were north of 90,000.
Check out all of the announcements from the Valiant Summit here.
- The Batwoman Comic With Two Solicitations… - December 11, 2017
- Magnum Comics of New York’s Bronx District Closes After 27 Years - December 11, 2017
- New Comic Store in Worksop, England, Part of the Town Centre’s Revival - December 11, 2017
- Is DC Comics Playing Editorial Musical Chairs? - December 10, 2017
- For Christmas, How About a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza Box for $55? - December 10, 2017