They took a little longer than I was expecting. But Marvel Comics has now amended the artwork on the digital version of X-Men: Gold #1 by Ardian Syaf to remove the messages interpreted as being anti-Christian and anti-Jewish, that caused Syaf himself to be removed.
These original panels with these messages…
Have now been amended to this.
The 212 has become “Grocery Store”, the “Jewelry” is gone, the references to 51 and 5 have also gone. Pizza restaurant name “Pierre” has also been removed for unknown reasons. Better safe than sorry?
Has also gone.
And the verse on Colossus’ shirt…
And this scene, which some have interpreted as the German Christian character Nightcrawler striking the Jewish character Kitty Pryde…
Has been amended so the bat strike is further away from Pryde’s face and torso.
If anyone else spies any more changes, do let me know.
- Well That Was Quick. X-Men Gold #2 Brings Back The Politics... (SPOILERS)
- "Marvel Is Owned By Disney. When Jews Are Offended, There Is No Mercy" - Ardian Syaf On His Dismissal From Marvel
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018