They took a little longer than I was expecting. But Marvel Comics has now amended the artwork on the digital version of X-Men: Gold #1 by Ardian Syaf to remove the messages interpreted as being anti-Christian and anti-Jewish, that caused Syaf himself to be removed.
These original panels with these messages…
Have now been amended to this.
The 212 has become “Grocery Store”, the “Jewelry” is gone, the references to 51 and 5 have also gone. Pizza restaurant name “Pierre” has also been removed for unknown reasons. Better safe than sorry?
Has also gone.
And the verse on Colossus’ shirt…
And this scene, which some have interpreted as the German Christian character Nightcrawler striking the Jewish character Kitty Pryde…
Has been amended so the bat strike is further away from Pryde’s face and torso.
If anyone else spies any more changes, do let me know.
- Well That Was Quick. X-Men Gold #2 Brings Back The Politics... (SPOILERS)
- "Marvel Is Owned By Disney. When Jews Are Offended, There Is No Mercy" - Ardian Syaf On His Dismissal From Marvel
- Richard Corben Returns To Heavy Metal Magazine - October 23, 2017
- Armando Iannucci Comes To Forbidden Planet In London Tomorrow - October 23, 2017
- Rick Veitch’s Boy Maximortal: Killing Every Fancypants Fascist - October 23, 2017
- Free Paper Girls Comics In October 2017 Loot Crate (UNBOXING) - October 23, 2017
- Liam Sharp Has A Mystery New Comic For February 2018 - October 23, 2017