On tonight’s Graham Norton Show, Peter Capaldi appears as a guest ahead of tomorrow’s first episode of the new series of Doctor Who on BBC 1. Confirming that he had already filmed his regeneration scene, expected to take place at the end of this series, he told Graham “I’ve left it while I am still enjoying it… Three years is probably enough, because people get wiped out by it.”
It’s also known as the Troughton rule, advice regarding the time to stay in the role to avoid typecasting, as passed from Patrick Troughton to Peter Davison.
“Doctor Who is a great job but it is a TV factory with so many episodes and I would worry that I wouldn’t do my best work with the same vigour and fun.”
- Hot Rumour: ReedPOP Gets Into Bed With MCM Comic Con - October 20, 2017
- Quantum And Woody! #0.0001 1/2 Published Digitally, Free Today By Valiant - October 20, 2017
- Fear And Loathing At The Marvel Comics Writers Summit Before New York Comic Con - October 20, 2017
- The Black Eyed Peas Show Off The Augmented Reality In Their New Comic Book - October 20, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Dominates Advance Reorders, But It Has No Artgerm Cover - October 20, 2017