On tonight’s Graham Norton Show, Peter Capaldi appears as a guest ahead of tomorrow’s first episode of the new series of Doctor Who on BBC 1. Confirming that he had already filmed his regeneration scene, expected to take place at the end of this series, he told Graham “I’ve left it while I am still enjoying it… Three years is probably enough, because people get wiped out by it.”
It’s also known as the Troughton rule, advice regarding the time to stay in the role to avoid typecasting, as passed from Patrick Troughton to Peter Davison.
“Doctor Who is a great job but it is a TV factory with so many episodes and I would worry that I wouldn’t do my best work with the same vigour and fun.”
- DC Comics Confirms Bats Out Of Hell Crossover With November Solicits Sneak-Peek - August 18, 2017
- Exclusive! The Long Beach Comic Con 2017 Panels And Programming Schedule - August 18, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Retailer Variant For Marvel Legacy #1 – The Pencil Sketch - August 18, 2017
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau Grabs Them By The Variant Cover? - August 18, 2017
- Sam Humphries Leaves Green Lanterns For Something New As Tim Seeley Takes Over - August 18, 2017