On tonight’s Graham Norton Show, Peter Capaldi appears as a guest ahead of tomorrow’s first episode of the new series of Doctor Who on BBC 1. Confirming that he had already filmed his regeneration scene, expected to take place at the end of this series, he told Graham “I’ve left it while I am still enjoying it… Three years is probably enough, because people get wiped out by it.”
It’s also known as the Troughton rule, advice regarding the time to stay in the role to avoid typecasting, as passed from Patrick Troughton to Peter Davison.
“Doctor Who is a great job but it is a TV factory with so many episodes and I would worry that I wouldn’t do my best work with the same vigour and fun.”
- Marvel Comics Editor Job Swap? Jordan White on X-Men, Mark Paniccia on Star Wars - March 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics Finally Publishes Dazzler One-Shot as Dazzler: X-Song - March 19, 2018
- Watch: Steven Spielberg Introduces Ready Player One to London IMAX Audience (VIDEO) - March 19, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalog for May 2018 + Solicits – Preludes and Weddings - March 19, 2018
- Batman’s Plan for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in This Week’s Batman #43 - March 19, 2018