On tonight’s Graham Norton Show, Peter Capaldi appears as a guest ahead of tomorrow’s first episode of the new series of Doctor Who on BBC 1. Confirming that he had already filmed his regeneration scene, expected to take place at the end of this series, he told Graham “I’ve left it while I am still enjoying it… Three years is probably enough, because people get wiped out by it.”
It’s also known as the Troughton rule, advice regarding the time to stay in the role to avoid typecasting, as passed from Patrick Troughton to Peter Davison.
“Doctor Who is a great job but it is a TV factory with so many episodes and I would worry that I wouldn’t do my best work with the same vigour and fun.”
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017