On tonight’s Graham Norton Show, Peter Capaldi appears as a guest ahead of tomorrow’s first episode of the new series of Doctor Who on BBC 1. Confirming that he had already filmed his regeneration scene, expected to take place at the end of this series, he told Graham “I’ve left it while I am still enjoying it… Three years is probably enough, because people get wiped out by it.”
It’s also known as the Troughton rule, advice regarding the time to stay in the role to avoid typecasting, as passed from Patrick Troughton to Peter Davison.
“Doctor Who is a great job but it is a TV factory with so many episodes and I would worry that I wouldn’t do my best work with the same vigour and fun.”
- Marvel, DC and Others Persuade Comic Stores to Put Spinner Racks in Other Businesses - June 19, 2018
- Chris Hastings and Salva Espin do Deadpool as James Bond For Digital-First Comic, Secret Agent Deadpool - June 19, 2018
- Let’s All Play #WhoGetsWarped - June 19, 2018
- Advance Review: Tony Stark: Iron Man #1 by Dan Slott and Valerie Schiti – Will Tony Stark Become Self-Aware As Well? - June 19, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Created Fake Covers to Keep The X-Men Gold #30 Spoiler from Marvel Staffers - June 19, 2018