For the DC Rebirth, DC Comics didn’t run their solicitations in Diamond Comics Previews that month, but in their own magazine that came out two weeks after the bigger catalogue. And they employed all the ex-Wizard Magazine contributors working at DC Comics at the time as well as drafting in some ex-Wizard freelancers to recreate the feel of that magazine.
It went down so well that they decided to keep it up, with a quarterly magazine called Direct Currents, showing off DC’s upcoming titles. The first issue was published, then the second issue, due in February… was delayed.
At was resolicited for May. And then delayed again.
And now, rather than being published DC has just cancelled the whole thing. Issue 1 will be all there is.
What went down?
- The Vamplets Return in Time For Hallowe’een in Action Lab September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- Patience Conviction Revenge and Moth & Whisper Launch in AfterShock Comics September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- Kim Reaper’s Vampire Island, Rick & Morty’s Sleepy Gary and a Comic Guide to Sex, Launch in Oni Press September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- Elric, Newbury & Hobbes and Oscar Martin Launch in Titan Comics September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- Which of Today’s Spider-Man Comics Will Make Make You Cry More? - June 20, 2018