For the DC Rebirth, DC Comics didn’t run their solicitations in Diamond Comics Previews that month, but in their own magazine that came out two weeks after the bigger catalogue. And they employed all the ex-Wizard Magazine contributors working at DC Comics at the time as well as drafting in some ex-Wizard freelancers to recreate the feel of that magazine.
It went down so well that they decided to keep it up, with a quarterly magazine called Direct Currents, showing off DC’s upcoming titles. The first issue was published, then the second issue, due in February… was delayed.
At was resolicited for May. And then delayed again.
And now, rather than being published DC has just cancelled the whole thing. Issue 1 will be all there is.
What went down?
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018
- Dynamite Entertainment to Become a Premier Publisher at Diamond Comics (CONFIRMED) - February 23, 2018
- Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat to Adapt Own Doctor Who Episodes as Target Novelisations - February 23, 2018
- Return of Bruce Banner Hulk in Avengers #684 Tops Advance Reorders - February 23, 2018
- Calexit: The Comic Book That Is Killing Steve Bannon - February 23, 2018