For the DC Rebirth, DC Comics didn’t run their solicitations in Diamond Comics Previews that month, but in their own magazine that came out two weeks after the bigger catalogue. And they employed all the ex-Wizard Magazine contributors working at DC Comics at the time as well as drafting in some ex-Wizard freelancers to recreate the feel of that magazine.
It went down so well that they decided to keep it up, with a quarterly magazine called Direct Currents, showing off DC’s upcoming titles. The first issue was published, then the second issue, due in February… was delayed.
At was resolicited for May. And then delayed again.
And now, rather than being published DC has just cancelled the whole thing. Issue 1 will be all there is.
What went down?
- 30 DC Comics Covers For December From Frank Cho, Jenny Frison, JG Jones, Jim Lee And More - November 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Cover For Kamandi Challenge #12 - November 22, 2017
- Changes To Batman #38: Tom King And Travis Moore To Tell The Origin Of Bruce Wayne - November 22, 2017
- New Darkness, Cyber Force, Aphrodite V To Join New Witchblade In 2018 - November 22, 2017
- Black Friday Comic Store Deals For 2017: Part One - November 22, 2017