In a special event for the New York International Auto Show, Nissan has partnered with Lucasfilm and Disney to give us Star Wars Nissans. According to the release on Nissan’s site, the partnership will bring attendees “a unique consumer engagement experience to the 2017 New York International Auto Show from April 14-23.” This isn’t the first time Nissan and Lucasfilm have partnered up, they did a similar experience for the opening of Rogue One. Why Lucasfilm chose Nissan, of all automotive companies, to partner with is a bit beyond me. Maybe they just really love the Nissan Rogue-Rogue One pun?
Hightlights of the experience include:
- A massive Death Star inflatable hovering over the vehicles,
- A 360 virtual reality experience debut, possibly the Meet BB-8 experience from Star Wars Celebration?
- Star Wars character-themed digital mirror experience
- Final-weekend appearances by stormtroopers
- The 2017 Nissan Rogue: Rogue One Star Wars Limited Edition model – the first production vehicle ever to include Star Wars-branded elements
- Two Star Wars-inspired custom vehicles will also be on display
Pretty sweet for a car show, right?
Speaking about the decision, Jeremy Tucker, vice president of Marketing Communications & Media at Nissan North America, said, “After hosting an extremely successful ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ consumer experience at previous auto shows, we felt it absolutely necessary to host an encore experience in New York. In response to our alliance with Lucasflim, we’ve seen a drastic increase in awareness and sales of the 2017 Nissan Rogue. The excitement displayed by consumers visiting these Star Wars-inspired experiences motivates us and drives the Nissan brand forward.”
Can’t imagine why people would be more willing to buy Nissan cars after seeing Star Wars campaigns, not at all.
The New York International Auto Show will be taking over the Javitz Center in New York this weekend and will run until April 23rd. More information on the Nissan-Lucasfilm partnership can be found here.
Some shots of the Star Wars cars are below.
- Grand Theft Auto Online is Buffing Gunrunning This Week - October 16, 2018
- EA DICE Reveals New Info on Battlefield V’s War Stories - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018