Production for Escape Plan 2: Hades is still under way, but that hasn’t stopped Emmett Furla Oasis Films from signing their leading man, Sylvester Stallone, director Steven C. Miller (Marauders, Arsenal), and writer Miles Chapman on board for a third installment of their prison-escape/action series. The original starring Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger grossed nearly $140 million against a $50 million budget.
It seems that EFO Films recognized an opportunity when they saw it to lock in Stallone when word came out just a few weeks ago that he was parting ways with Nu Image and The Expendables franchise. EFO’s profit margin from the original has had them wanting to expand on Escape Plan’s long-term plan and this gave them their in to get ink on paper.
Also starring are Jaime King (Sin City, Hart of Dixie), Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson (Get Rich or Die Tryin’), Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2) and Jesse Metcalfe.
The original Escape Plan followed one of the world’s foremost authorities on structural security, who agrees to take on one last job: breaking out of an ultra-secret, high-tech facility called “The Tomb.” Deceived and wrongly imprisoned, Ray Breslin (Stallone) must recruit fellow inmate Emil Rottmayer (Schwarzenegger) to help devise a daring, nearly impossible plan to escape from the most protected and fortified prison ever built.
- Austin Powers’ Mini-Me, Verne Troyer, Dies at 49 - April 21, 2018
- I Feel Pretty Review: Well Intentioned but Not Well Thought Out - April 20, 2018
- J. Michael Straczynski Says With Current Warner Bros. Execs, Babylon 5 Never Going to Happen - April 20, 2018
- Rampage Composer Andrew Lockington on Scoring Monsters and The Rock - April 16, 2018
- Rampage Review: Identity Crisis Derails The Rock’s Fun - April 13, 2018