Production for Escape Plan 2: Hades is still under way, but that hasn’t stopped Emmett Furla Oasis Films from signing their leading man, Sylvester Stallone, director Steven C. Miller (Marauders, Arsenal), and writer Miles Chapman on board for a third installment of their prison-escape/action series. The original starring Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger grossed nearly $140 million against a $50 million budget.
It seems that EFO Films recognized an opportunity when they saw it to lock in Stallone when word came out just a few weeks ago that he was parting ways with Nu Image and The Expendables franchise. EFO’s profit margin from the original has had them wanting to expand on Escape Plan’s long-term plan and this gave them their in to get ink on paper.
Also starring are Jaime King (Sin City, Hart of Dixie), Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson (Get Rich or Die Tryin’), Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2) and Jesse Metcalfe.
The original Escape Plan followed one of the world’s foremost authorities on structural security, who agrees to take on one last job: breaking out of an ultra-secret, high-tech facility called “The Tomb.” Deceived and wrongly imprisoned, Ray Breslin (Stallone) must recruit fellow inmate Emil Rottmayer (Schwarzenegger) to help devise a daring, nearly impossible plan to escape from the most protected and fortified prison ever built.
- [Review] The Predator: Shane Black’s Vision More Fun than Smart - September 12, 2018
- [Review] ‘The Nun’: A Mash-Up More Dead than Alive - September 7, 2018
- [UPDATE] Multiple Fatalities as Shooting Erupts at Madden 19 Tournament - August 26, 2018
- [Review] The Happytime Murders: An R-Rated Muppet Noir – Brilliant, Right? Nope. - August 24, 2018
- ‘Galaga Chronicles’ Animated Series Lands Writer and Animation Studio - August 24, 2018