It looks to me like a deal was done. That the parties have settled Marvel Comics appeared to have a very strong case.
But Marvel has now, officially, withdrawn its opposition to Hasbro registering a trademark for “Dire Wraiths”, the alien race from Rom, The Space Knight toys and comics, created by Marvel for the comic book line, and appearing in many Marvel comics over the decades.
The IDW Rom comic also used the Dire Wraiths, though they were visually distinct from the Marvel version.
Now, however, Marvel have stepped down.
Here’s the now-abandoned claim they made…
- 10 Rules For Hiring Indie Comics Artists - June 24, 2017
- Velveteen Rabbit Made Real With David Mack And A Full Orchestra - June 24, 2017
- Spreading The Anthology Love Through Kickstarter - June 24, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: World Enough And Time – They Call Her Doctor Who! - June 24, 2017
- Gosh Comics Celebrates Pride London With Dazzling Window Display - June 24, 2017