It looks to me like a deal was done. That the parties have settled Marvel Comics appeared to have a very strong case.
But Marvel has now, officially, withdrawn its opposition to Hasbro registering a trademark for “Dire Wraiths”, the alien race from Rom, The Space Knight toys and comics, created by Marvel for the comic book line, and appearing in many Marvel comics over the decades.
The IDW Rom comic also used the Dire Wraiths, though they were visually distinct from the Marvel version.
Now, however, Marvel have stepped down.
Here’s the now-abandoned claim they made…
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018
- What Makes A Hero? - May 20, 2018