It looks to me like a deal was done. That the parties have settled Marvel Comics appeared to have a very strong case.
But Marvel has now, officially, withdrawn its opposition to Hasbro registering a trademark for “Dire Wraiths”, the alien race from Rom, The Space Knight toys and comics, created by Marvel for the comic book line, and appearing in many Marvel comics over the decades.
The IDW Rom comic also used the Dire Wraiths, though they were visually distinct from the Marvel version.
Now, however, Marvel have stepped down.
Here’s the now-abandoned claim they made…
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017
- Crunchyroll Panel At San Diego Comic-Con Launches Their Own Show – Crunchyroll Expo - July 24, 2017
- The Top Twenty Highest Sales Of Signed Cast Posters From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017