It looks to me like a deal was done. That the parties have settled Marvel Comics appeared to have a very strong case.
But Marvel has now, officially, withdrawn its opposition to Hasbro registering a trademark for “Dire Wraiths”, the alien race from Rom, The Space Knight toys and comics, created by Marvel for the comic book line, and appearing in many Marvel comics over the decades.
The IDW Rom comic also used the Dire Wraiths, though they were visually distinct from the Marvel version.
Now, however, Marvel have stepped down.
Here’s the now-abandoned claim they made…
- Ask For Mercy: A New Comic From Richard Starkings And Abz-J-Harding - September 26, 2017
- Fifteen Big Spoilers For Tomorrow’s Marvel Legacy #1 – In Order Of Spoileriness - September 26, 2017
- What Titan Comics’ Doctor Might Look Like In 2018 - September 26, 2017
- Titan Comics’ Under Gets A Preview – And A James Stokoe’s B&W Cover - September 26, 2017
- Preview: The Spirit Of Will Eisner Newspaper From Sean Phillips, Jonathan Ross, Bryan Hitch, Seth, Ed Brubaker And More - September 26, 2017