It looks to me like a deal was done. That the parties have settled Marvel Comics appeared to have a very strong case.
But Marvel has now, officially, withdrawn its opposition to Hasbro registering a trademark for “Dire Wraiths”, the alien race from Rom, The Space Knight toys and comics, created by Marvel for the comic book line, and appearing in many Marvel comics over the decades.
The IDW Rom comic also used the Dire Wraiths, though they were visually distinct from the Marvel version.
Now, however, Marvel have stepped down.
Here’s the now-abandoned claim they made…
- Over 200 Comic Stores Running Black Friday 2017 Deals Today - November 24, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017