After the news about the anti-Christian and anti-Jewish religious and political messages hidden in X-Men Gold #1 by Ardian Syaf came to light, with Marvel stating that these would now be removed from future print runs, there has, as Ardian himself predicted, been a bit of a run on the comic book in question.
We mentioned that retailers have reported a rush on demand for the comic book yesterday, and a sellout all over the place. The comic was still available for re-order through Diamond Comic Distributors yesterday. But today they are all out of copies.
On eBay, the standard copy with a cover price of $4.99 has sold copies for up to $7 while the two-copies-per-store premiere variant, which was selling for $24.99 earlier in the week, is now a $45 book.
and variant covers (of which there are a lot) are selling for more. There were 70 sales of copies on eBay yesterday, as opposed to 12 the day before.
- DC Comics’ The Silencer #1 by John Romita, Released Early on Apple iTunes - January 19, 2018
- Fifty Comic Stores That Have Closed Since January 2017 - January 19, 2018
- Free Beer Given Away in London to Promote Kingsman: The Golden Circle on DVD/Blu-ray/Download - January 19, 2018
- Amazon Listing Explains Red Goblin in Dan Slott’s Final Amazing Spider-Man Storyline – up to #801 - January 19, 2018
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018