After the news about the anti-Christian and anti-Jewish religious and political messages hidden in X-Men Gold #1 by Ardian Syaf came to light, with Marvel stating that these would now be removed from future print runs, there has, as Ardian himself predicted, been a bit of a run on the comic book in question.
We mentioned that retailers have reported a rush on demand for the comic book yesterday, and a sellout all over the place. The comic was still available for re-order through Diamond Comic Distributors yesterday. But today they are all out of copies.
On eBay, the standard copy with a cover price of $4.99 has sold copies for up to $7 while the two-copies-per-store premiere variant, which was selling for $24.99 earlier in the week, is now a $45 book.
and variant covers (of which there are a lot) are selling for more. There were 70 sales of copies on eBay yesterday, as opposed to 12 the day before.
- So… How Are You Meant To Count Avengers Issue Numbers Now? - November 20, 2018
- Our First Look at Mark MIllar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter for Netflix – With Covers From Frank Quitely and Matteo Scalera - November 20, 2018
- Archie Comics Collects Varsity Edition in February 2019 Solicitations - November 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics’ Full Solicits for February 2019 - November 20, 2018
- Captain Marvel Gets a Braver & Mightier One Shot in February - November 20, 2018