After the news about the anti-Christian and anti-Jewish religious and political messages hidden in X-Men Gold #1 by Ardian Syaf came to light, with Marvel stating that these would now be removed from future print runs, there has, as Ardian himself predicted, been a bit of a run on the comic book in question.
We mentioned that retailers have reported a rush on demand for the comic book yesterday, and a sellout all over the place. The comic was still available for re-order through Diamond Comic Distributors yesterday. But today they are all out of copies.
On eBay, the standard copy with a cover price of $4.99 has sold copies for up to $7 while the two-copies-per-store premiere variant, which was selling for $24.99 earlier in the week, is now a $45 book.
and variant covers (of which there are a lot) are selling for more. There were 70 sales of copies on eBay yesterday, as opposed to 12 the day before.
- ‘Evolution’: New Skybound Comic From James Asmus, Joseph Keatinge, Christopher Sebela, Joshua Williamson, Joe Infurnari, And Jordan Boyd - August 17, 2017
- Titan Comics Turn Their Marvel-Baiting ‘Fighting American’ Meme Into A Variant Cover - August 17, 2017
- Dastardly And Muttley #1 Review: A Surreal Modern Warfare Story - August 17, 2017
- A Final Trailer For Tonight/Tomorrow Morning’s Defenders Bingedrop From Marvel And Netflix - August 17, 2017
- Howard Chaykin Had To Change Another Cover ‘For Divided States Of Hysteria’ - August 17, 2017