Can season 10 of Doctor Who server two Masters? They want to give it a go it seems as John Simm, the Master who played opposite of David Tennant’s Tenth Doctor will be returning to battle with Peter Capaldi’s Twelfth. And that’s to go with the already announced return of Michelle Gomez as Missy, the latest incarnation of the Master.
Simm, who was last seen in the series in on New Years Day 2010, has this to say: “I can confirm that it’s true, thanks to the power of time travel I’m back. It’s always a pleasure to work with this great team of people and I can’t wait for you all to see what the Master gets up to in the next series. “
Steven Moffat, entering his final season as writer and executive producer, added: “Nothing stays secret for long on Doctor Who but you’ll have to wait a little bit longer to see exactly what the Master is up to and how he makes his return to face the Doctor. It’s been a huge pleasure to have fan favourites John Simm and Michelle Gomez face to face in the same role! It’s not often you get to see a solo personality clash.”
It will be interesting to see if the two versions of the Master will work together, be in completely separate stories or if we’ll end up seeing the characters regeneration to Missy.
Also plaguing the Doctor this time around will be the Daleks, the Ice Warriors and the Mondasian Cybermen. The series also has new companion Bill Potts (Pearl Mackie) and Nardole (Matt Lucas). Doctor Who returns April 15th.
[Source: The BBC]
- Fox Rushes to Renew Brand New Series 9-1-1 - January 16, 2018
- Reading the Fates with the Vampirella Tarot Card Deck - January 16, 2018
- Supergirl Returns with Legion of Super-Heroes at Her Side - January 16, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Todd Helbing on Whether Joe West Will Cross the Line to Save Barry - January 16, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Barry Allen Will Serve His Time if Convicted of Murder - January 16, 2018