Since being introduced in Disneyland’s Shanghai Resort, the Tron Light Cycle Power Run has been one of the hottest rides at the park, and for Tron fans everywhere. Because of fan reaction, rumors started to swirl about bringing the attraction (or something similar) stateside. According to WDW News Today, plans for a projected ride were submitted, and it looks like both American parks may get their own Tron ride within the next 5 years.
With Disney moving ahead with another Tron movie, they obviously want to keep the hype going. If plans go through for a ride in Disney World, it could likely coincide with Disney World’s 50th Anniversary. The ride would likely end up in Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland, possibly replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway (it’s an awful ride, so good riddence). As Far as Disneyland goes, they could use the Innovations Building, but again, it’s just a rumor. If you happen to attend D23 this year, keep your eyes peeled for any Tron news. Disney may just surprise you!
It was just last month when THR reported that Suicide Squad’s Jared Leto is being eyed for the lead role, but then that’s a pretty wide net (he’s probably on every casting agent’s checklist at the start of things, he also happens to fall off of them just as quickly. Basically zero names have been attached to the project officially, with only Tron: Legacy’s producer, Justin Springer supposedly in line to produce this Tron 3.
- Riverdale Episode 11: Using The Same Title As The Made For TV Movie - April 27, 2017
- Oh My Goth Look At This Ice Cream! - April 27, 2017
- Is Meg The Problem? Stern’s Family Guy Pinball - April 27, 2017
- Nerd Food: Re-Live The Taste Of Marvel’s Civil War With Civil War Cheeze-Its - April 26, 2017
- Barzinga At Regeneration Who! Exploding Tardis’, Dr. Who, And A Beautiful View! - April 23, 2017