Since being introduced in Disneyland’s Shanghai Resort, the Tron Light Cycle Power Run has been one of the hottest rides at the park, and for Tron fans everywhere. Because of fan reaction, rumors started to swirl about bringing the attraction (or something similar) stateside. According to WDW News Today, plans for a projected ride were submitted, and it looks like both American parks may get their own Tron ride within the next 5 years.
With Disney moving ahead with another Tron movie, they obviously want to keep the hype going. If plans go through for a ride in Disney World, it could likely coincide with Disney World’s 50th Anniversary. The ride would likely end up in Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland, possibly replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway (it’s an awful ride, so good riddence). As Far as Disneyland goes, they could use the Innovations Building, but again, it’s just a rumor. If you happen to attend D23 this year, keep your eyes peeled for any Tron news. Disney may just surprise you!
It was just last month when THR reported that Suicide Squad’s Jared Leto is being eyed for the lead role, but then that’s a pretty wide net (he’s probably on every casting agent’s checklist at the start of things, he also happens to fall off of them just as quickly. Basically zero names have been attached to the project officially, with only Tron: Legacy’s producer, Justin Springer supposedly in line to produce this Tron 3.
- New Magic Kingdom Happily Ever After Merchandise Will Help You Unlock The Magic
- Disney To Release 'Kingdom Of Cute' And My Wallet Screams In Pain
- The Force Is Strong At Disney's Hollywood Studios!
- Nerd Food: ‘Voltron’ Food Goo Tastes Better Than It Looks - July 22, 2017
- Nerd Food: Putting My Taste Buds On The Line For “Blended Chimichangas” At SDCC - July 22, 2017
- Nerd Food: Guardians Of The Mixed Drinks - July 21, 2017
- Disney Tsum Tsum Toys Make A Cute Statement At D23 - July 16, 2017
- D23 Parks And Resorts Panel: We’re Getting A Tron Ride In Magic Kingdom - July 15, 2017