In “this did not already exist?” news, Nerd Block has announced that they are going to begin offering a new Doctor Who themed subscription box. It’s tagline is (wait for it) – #ITSBIGGERONTHEINSIDE, (see what they did there). The box will be the standard fare: bi-monthly, collectors will receive exclusive and/or limited edition collectibles (remember when everything was exclusive to the box it came in?), wearables, utility items, and a T-shirt.
“Doctor Who is one of the BBC’s most successful brands, with a huge global fan base that continues to grow every year,” says Russ Montague, CEO, Nerd Block. “For over 50 years, sci-fi lovers have remained enthralled and excited by the adventures of the Doctor, and Nerd Block is honored to partner with BBC Worldwide to offer unique and exclusive items to fans of the series.”
It is a great idea, and I am glad that it seems like they will cover the complete history and not just focus on the modern era of Doctors and Companions. It allows for more variety and less opportunity for duplicate merchandise. The price seems high at $49.99 if you just want to try it out, but I am sure they will make it worth it. If you are so inclined to order one you can do do by following this link.
- Bumblebee Drops a New Trailer, and it Looks Incredible - September 24, 2018
- The Wife Review: When a Great Script Meets Perfect Casting - September 22, 2018
- Robert Englund Returns as Freddy Krueger on Halloween Episode of The Goldbergs - September 22, 2018
- Riverdale Season 3 Premiere ‘Labor Day’ Details Released - September 21, 2018
- The Flash Releases the Official Season 5 Synopsis - September 21, 2018