In “this did not already exist?” news, Nerd Block has announced that they are going to begin offering a new Doctor Who themed subscription box. It’s tagline is (wait for it) – #ITSBIGGERONTHEINSIDE, (see what they did there). The box will be the standard fare: bi-monthly, collectors will receive exclusive and/or limited edition collectibles (remember when everything was exclusive to the box it came in?), wearables, utility items, and a T-shirt.
“Doctor Who is one of the BBC’s most successful brands, with a huge global fan base that continues to grow every year,” says Russ Montague, CEO, Nerd Block. “For over 50 years, sci-fi lovers have remained enthralled and excited by the adventures of the Doctor, and Nerd Block is honored to partner with BBC Worldwide to offer unique and exclusive items to fans of the series.”
It is a great idea, and I am glad that it seems like they will cover the complete history and not just focus on the modern era of Doctors and Companions. It allows for more variety and less opportunity for duplicate merchandise. The price seems high at $49.99 if you just want to try it out, but I am sure they will make it worth it. If you are so inclined to order one you can do do by following this link.
- Batman Your Kitchen With These New Seven 20 Products - December 13, 2018
- Magneto Gets a New Sixth Scale Figure From Sideshow Collectibles - December 13, 2018
- Greg Kinnear Will Enter Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone - December 13, 2018
- Friday The 13th Part 3 Corpse Pamela Voorhees Figure Coming From NECA - December 13, 2018
- Riverdale Season 3, Episode 8 Recap: “Outbreak” - December 13, 2018