This is another example of Marvel’s new approach to over-shipping comic books. Select titles that retailers are asked to order a percentage of the previous issue’s sales with Marvel over-shipping copies to make them match the difference.
So if retailers order Black Bolt #2 at 90% of their orders of #1, Marvel will send an extra 10% for free. So retailers should have as many second issues as they have first issues, fighting against the natural tendency for retailers to order fewer of subsequent issues.
The same goes for Cable #2 with respect to Cable #1, and for Iceman #2 compared to Iceman #1.
Will it work? It seems the plan for ResurrXion titles right now…
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018
- Street Fighter’s Jeffrey ‘Chamba’ Cruz Launches RandomVeus ODC in January - October 21, 2018
- Top Dog Comics Launches in Augusta, Georgia - October 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 21st October 2018 – Batman Vs Shuri - October 21, 2018
- Punisher Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 3, the Last Marvel Netflix Shows? - October 21, 2018