This is another example of Marvel’s new approach to over-shipping comic books. Select titles that retailers are asked to order a percentage of the previous issue’s sales with Marvel over-shipping copies to make them match the difference.
So if retailers order Black Bolt #2 at 90% of their orders of #1, Marvel will send an extra 10% for free. So retailers should have as many second issues as they have first issues, fighting against the natural tendency for retailers to order fewer of subsequent issues.
The same goes for Cable #2 with respect to Cable #1, and for Iceman #2 compared to Iceman #1.
Will it work? It seems the plan for ResurrXion titles right now…
- Will Batman be Left at the Bat Altar? - May 27, 2018
- A View From Nigeria On Black Panther #1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Daniel Acuña - May 27, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 27th May 2018 – From MCM London Comic Con - May 27, 2018
- Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Immortal Hulk, Tony Stark Iron Man All Sell Out First Issues - May 27, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 27th May 2018 – Everyone Loves Josh Middleton - May 27, 2018