This is another example of Marvel’s new approach to over-shipping comic books. Select titles that retailers are asked to order a percentage of the previous issue’s sales with Marvel over-shipping copies to make them match the difference.
So if retailers order Black Bolt #2 at 90% of their orders of #1, Marvel will send an extra 10% for free. So retailers should have as many second issues as they have first issues, fighting against the natural tendency for retailers to order fewer of subsequent issues.
The same goes for Cable #2 with respect to Cable #1, and for Iceman #2 compared to Iceman #1.
Will it work? It seems the plan for ResurrXion titles right now…
- ComiXology Bestseller List, 17th February 2018: Dark Knights Rose - February 17, 2018
- The Youngest Thirteenth Doctor Cosplayer In Town? - February 17, 2018
- Frank Cho Begins a New Year of Outrage with #MakeMineMilkshake - February 17, 2018
- CORPUS: Stories for When Your Body Fails You - February 17, 2018
- Comic Parade in Watford, England, Closes - February 17, 2018