This is another example of Marvel’s new approach to over-shipping comic books. Select titles that retailers are asked to order a percentage of the previous issue’s sales with Marvel over-shipping copies to make them match the difference.
So if retailers order Black Bolt #2 at 90% of their orders of #1, Marvel will send an extra 10% for free. So retailers should have as many second issues as they have first issues, fighting against the natural tendency for retailers to order fewer of subsequent issues.
The same goes for Cable #2 with respect to Cable #1, and for Iceman #2 compared to Iceman #1.
Will it work? It seems the plan for ResurrXion titles right now…
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018