Yesterday, Bleeding Cool ran the news that orders for Doom Patrol’s seventh, eighth and ninth issues were cancelled. That’s what DC Comics told comic book retailers, with the news that Doom Patrol would return some time after it’s long delayed sixth issue out next month – but not when.
Writer, Young Animal showrunner and rockstar Gerard Way sought to clear things up. By posting this image in French.
“The Doom Patrol is not cancelled”.
Except of course, as we reported, orders for the seventh, eighth and ninth issues have been – for now. And July being the earliest they could be resolicited for. He also writes,
I’ve heard some chatter but don’t worry Doom readers, the series is alive and well.
I’ll be talking about Doom Patrol and the rest of Young Animal all weekend at WonderCon.
We are going to take the time to tell the best stories. And, there are absolutely many more issues to come, as Nick and I have lots of plans.
There are two relevant panels at WonderCon, a Young Animal panel tomorrow at 1pm and a Gerard Way Spotlight panel on Saturday at 1.30pm, both to be attended by Bleeding Cool reporter Matthew Quitney. Expect some actual clarification there and then.
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018