Johnathan Neuls is a co-founder of Cold War Incorporated and the Chief Rules Architect for Squarriors The Card Game. He writes,
On behalf of my Cold War family, I am thrilled to announce the Kickstarter campaign for Squarriors The Card Game, the first interactive part of the Squarriors universe! After nearly three years of design, development, and testing we are finally ready to release this game out into the world. I cannot even begin to describe how excited we are for fans of the hit indie comic book series to be able to experience the Squarriors story first-hand! We have worked many, many hours to ensure that Squarriors The Card Game faithfully brings to life all of the Squarriors characters you love (and love to hate) with innovative gameplay that puts skill and strategy before random chance. We love this game… and we think you’ll love it, too!
We’ve gone out of our way to make sure the gameplay doesn’t rely on random chance and that philosophy extends into the retail product, as well. The launch set and all of the sets in the future are sold complete–no booster packs, no arbitrary card rarity. This guarantees that nobody can ever “pay to win” in Squarriors The Card Game.
If you want to know more about the gameplay mechanics, I highly recommend you check out the crash-course introduction video on the Kickstarter.
The Kickstarter campaign for Squarriors The Card Game begins on Tuesday March 28th 2017 and ends May 2nd 2017. In addition to the game, we’ve got a ton of other stuff available in various combinations:
- Full-art Meo cards (Kickstarter-Exclusive)
- Full-art Wormwood cards (Kickstarter-Exclusive)
- Full-art Ghost cards (Kickstarter-Exclusive)
- Squarriors The Card Game playmats (Kickstarter-Exclusive)
- Limited Edition Early-Adopter Ghost playmats
- Autographed 11×17 Squarriors posters
- Squarriors Spring #4 Sketch Covers (w/Ashley Witter sketches!)
- Original Squarriors source-artwork pages
- Squarriors T-Shirts
- …and even a perk that lets you name a future card!
Come check out the Kickstarter! If you have any questions, message us on the Squarriors The Card Game Facebook page!
- Jim Lee Has Told His Origin Story So Much That He Let Fans at #WonderCon 2018 Tell It Instead - March 24, 2018
- At This Very Moment, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Fans Are Crying at #WonderCon, and It’s All Boom’s Fault - March 24, 2018
- Domino is Like Birds of Prey, but Sexier and Dirtier – Gail Simone Spotlight Panel at Wondercon #2018 - March 24, 2018
- Expect Voyager’s Story to Continue in Quicksilver: No Surrender – Mark Waid Spotlight at #WonderCon 2018 - March 24, 2018
- Spider-Gwen vs. Venom in New Marvel Funko Animated Short at #WonderCon 2018 - March 24, 2018