It’s a weird week for comics this Wednesday. A fifth week for DC Comics, so that’s annuals and late comics. The annuals are DC/Hanna Barbera crossovers mostly, and the comics are JLA and Harley Quinn. While Marvel start ResurrXion so most other big franchise books are pushed to the side.
Which could be a chance for folks to experiment with other titles from other publishers.
Or just buy The Banana Splits/Suicide Squad Annual by Tony Bedard, Ben Caldwell and Mark Morales, with the Snagglepuss Chronicles in the back.
With no explanation, the Banana Splits are part of the DC Universe. So they get pulled over by the cops who pull guns on them, and shoot at them when one goes for his drivers licence, and for reasons unclear with no evidence whatsoever, let alone a specific crime, get put in prison, where they are advised to stick with their own kind.Oh and they call themselves Animal-Americans. Forgot that.
And you thought Orange Is The New Black was broad brushstrokes. SPOILERS… they perform a new hip-hop track later in the comic, inspired by their team up with the Suicide Squad entitled “Straight Outta Belle Reve.”
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018