They are publishing the comics with lenticular covers and non-lenticular covers that highlight the smiley face button, But, just as with Watchmen, DC Comics can’t publish that on the front cover of a comic without infringing the trademark of the French company that owns the European trademark on the symbol. So those covers are not being distributed in the UK.
But some are still sneaking their way in.
Ltd Edition Comix are smuggling some into the country and are taking mail pre-orders. £3.50 for the 2D versions, £5 for the lenticular, which is certainly a large markup on cover price, but probably less than they could have charged… but Forbidden Planet are undercutting them with prices closer to cover.
- Christopher Jones’ Cover For Doctor Who Day’s Thirteenth Doctor #1 - October 16, 2018
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018