They are publishing the comics with lenticular covers and non-lenticular covers that highlight the smiley face button, But, just as with Watchmen, DC Comics can’t publish that on the front cover of a comic without infringing the trademark of the French company that owns the European trademark on the symbol. So those covers are not being distributed in the UK.
But some are still sneaking their way in.
Ltd Edition Comix are smuggling some into the country and are taking mail pre-orders. £3.50 for the 2D versions, £5 for the lenticular, which is certainly a large markup on cover price, but probably less than they could have charged… but Forbidden Planet are undercutting them with prices closer to cover.
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018