Wildstorm, DC and Aspen comic book Oliver Nome has passed away. His sister used Oliver’s Facebook page to let his friends and fans know.
Nome had been suffering from Glioblastoma Multiform stage four brain cancer since diagnosed in 2012, and entered hospice care late last year.
His career began at Wildstorm on titles such as Deathblow. He worked on the DC Universe Online MMO with Jim Lee and associates, before moving onto other titles Flashpoint, Wolverine, Fathom, Titans and more.
Tragically, brain surgery took away his ability to draw, but his earlier work was recently featured on The Talking Dead.
Bleeding Cool sends our deepest condolences to his family and friends, as they express their loss.
- Image Comics Launches Rose City Comic Con Merchandise Ahead Of Their Homecoming Dance - August 17, 2017
- ‘Justice Insurgence’ Metal Crossovers From DC Comics To Be Renamed ‘Bats Out Of Hell’ - August 17, 2017
- Jonathan Hickman Confirms Jim Lee’s News To Bleeding Cool - August 17, 2017
- ‘Evolution’: New Skybound Comic From James Asmus, Joseph Keatinge, Christopher Sebela, Joshua Williamson, Joe Infurnari, And Jordan Boyd - August 17, 2017
- Titan Comics Turn Their Marvel-Baiting ‘Fighting American’ Meme Into A Variant Cover - August 17, 2017