Wildstorm, DC and Aspen comic book Oliver Nome has passed away. His sister used Oliver’s Facebook page to let his friends and fans know.
Nome had been suffering from Glioblastoma Multiform stage four brain cancer since diagnosed in 2012, and entered hospice care late last year.
His career began at Wildstorm on titles such as Deathblow. He worked on the DC Universe Online MMO with Jim Lee and associates, before moving onto other titles Flashpoint, Wolverine, Fathom, Titans and more.
Tragically, brain surgery took away his ability to draw, but his earlier work was recently featured on The Talking Dead.
Bleeding Cool sends our deepest condolences to his family and friends, as they express their loss.
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – Thor, Cable, Batman And Rugrats In A Comic Show - October 17, 2017
- How Did Unknown Creator David Jesus Vignolli Get Boom! To Publish His Comic A Girl In The Himalayas? He Just Sent It In… - October 17, 2017
- Major Misprint On Mighty Thor #700… Will Marvel Recall Copies? - October 17, 2017
- How DC Comics Is Opposing The Superman Jesus Trademark Of Stacey Lee - October 17, 2017
- Now Raina Telgemeier’s Drama Banned In An Entire Educational District In Texas - October 17, 2017