Wildstorm, DC and Aspen comic book Oliver Nome has passed away. His sister used Oliver’s Facebook page to let his friends and fans know.
Nome had been suffering from Glioblastoma Multiform stage four brain cancer since diagnosed in 2012, and entered hospice care late last year.
His career began at Wildstorm on titles such as Deathblow. He worked on the DC Universe Online MMO with Jim Lee and associates, before moving onto other titles Flashpoint, Wolverine, Fathom, Titans and more.
Tragically, brain surgery took away his ability to draw, but his earlier work was recently featured on The Talking Dead.
Bleeding Cool sends our deepest condolences to his family and friends, as they express their loss.
- The Walking Dead #175 Lurches to the Top of Advance Reorders - December 15, 2017
- Pie, Mash, and Comic Shop Piecaramaba! Opens Second Store in Southampton - December 15, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Gets 1st and 2nd Place in November 2017 Charts as DC Sells More Comics, but Marvel Makes More Money - December 15, 2017
- Marvel Comics Teases Surprises for Venom’s 30th Anniversary - December 15, 2017
- What Will Fox/Disney Deal Mean for Firefly, Angel, Buffy, Aliens and Predator? - December 15, 2017