Wildstorm, DC and Aspen comic book Oliver Nome has passed away. His sister used Oliver’s Facebook page to let his friends and fans know.
Nome had been suffering from Glioblastoma Multiform stage four brain cancer since diagnosed in 2012, and entered hospice care late last year.
His career began at Wildstorm on titles such as Deathblow. He worked on the DC Universe Online MMO with Jim Lee and associates, before moving onto other titles Flashpoint, Wolverine, Fathom, Titans and more.
Tragically, brain surgery took away his ability to draw, but his earlier work was recently featured on The Talking Dead.
Bleeding Cool sends our deepest condolences to his family and friends, as they express their loss.
- The Brand Manager Who Really Wants To Talk About Robotech - May 25, 2017
- Another Seven Marvel Comics Get Exclusive Retailer Variant Covers For August - May 25, 2017
- Gendercrunching March 2017 – And The Eisner Awards Nominees - May 25, 2017
- Fewer Attendees, Fewer Comics Given Away, Fewer Participating Stores – Free Comic Book Day 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Shameless/Into The Badlands Writer/Producer LaToya Morgan Writes Zenescope’s Latest Robyn Hood Comic - May 25, 2017