Wildstorm, DC and Aspen comic book Oliver Nome has passed away. His sister used Oliver’s Facebook page to let his friends and fans know.
Nome had been suffering from Glioblastoma Multiform stage four brain cancer since diagnosed in 2012, and entered hospice care late last year.
His career began at Wildstorm on titles such as Deathblow. He worked on the DC Universe Online MMO with Jim Lee and associates, before moving onto other titles Flashpoint, Wolverine, Fathom, Titans and more.
Tragically, brain surgery took away his ability to draw, but his earlier work was recently featured on The Talking Dead.
Bleeding Cool sends our deepest condolences to his family and friends, as they express their loss.
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017