DC Comics has been remaking classic Hanna-Barbera characters into post-apocalyptic post-modern comic books. But for Snagglepuss, they are going back to the past.
Flintstones/Prez writer Mark Russell has, with artist Howard Porter, transported Snagglepuss into the 1950s, as a Southern Tennessee Williams-style author, gay, socialist and absolutely fabulous, and under the suspicion of the House Committee on Un-American Activities, being asked to give up the names of his fellow collaborators.
A preview of the series will appear in next week’s Suicide Squad/Banana Splits Annual. And, yes, that’s a thing.
You see they’re not going to like that are they? Of course, that’s not the point.
Which gives the creators plenty of time to put together more passive-aggressive allegorical anti-Trump administration storylines….
- Frankie Boyle’s Rex Royd Comic Complete For The First Time in Titan Comics June 2018 Solicits - March 21, 2018
- Umami – The Latest Comic From ‘I Kill Giants’ Co-Creator and Artist Ken Niimura - March 21, 2018
- Meltdown Comics of Los Angeles Has Stopped Selling New Comics - March 21, 2018
- A Comic Show – Talking The Death of Thor and More - March 21, 2018
- Magdalene Visaggio and Eva Cabrera Launch Oh S#!T, It’s Kim & Kim #1 in June - March 21, 2018