DC Comics has been remaking classic Hanna-Barbera characters into post-apocalyptic post-modern comic books. But for Snagglepuss, they are going back to the past.
Flintstones/Prez writer Mark Russell has, with artist Howard Porter, transported Snagglepuss into the 1950s, as a Southern Tennessee Williams-style author, gay, socialist and absolutely fabulous, and under the suspicion of the House Committee on Un-American Activities, being asked to give up the names of his fellow collaborators.
A preview of the series will appear in next week’s Suicide Squad/Banana Splits Annual. And, yes, that’s a thing.
You see they’re not going to like that are they? Of course, that’s not the point.
Which gives the creators plenty of time to put together more passive-aggressive allegorical anti-Trump administration storylines….
- Swag from the Diamond Retailer Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2018
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Star Rachel Bloom is Coming to Equestria [SDCC] - July 20, 2018
- Batman Back in the Bat-Trunks Over His Broken Heart - July 20, 2018
- DC Confirms Pete Tomasi on Detective Comics with Doug Mahnke from #994 - July 20, 2018
- Boom! Studios: Shouting About Joss Whedon’s Firefly and Holo Cover Power Rangers - July 20, 2018