DC Comics has been remaking classic Hanna-Barbera characters into post-apocalyptic post-modern comic books. But for Snagglepuss, they are going back to the past.
Flintstones/Prez writer Mark Russell has, with artist Howard Porter, transported Snagglepuss into the 1950s, as a Southern Tennessee Williams-style author, gay, socialist and absolutely fabulous, and under the suspicion of the House Committee on Un-American Activities, being asked to give up the names of his fellow collaborators.
A preview of the series will appear in next week’s Suicide Squad/Banana Splits Annual. And, yes, that’s a thing.
You see they’re not going to like that are they? Of course, that’s not the point.
Which gives the creators plenty of time to put together more passive-aggressive allegorical anti-Trump administration storylines….
- Mini-Frankensteining DC Comics Solicitations for February 2019 - November 18, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicitations for February 2019 - November 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 18th November 2018 – Happy Birthday, Alan Moore - November 18, 2018
- Looks Like Leviathan Begins in Action Comics #1007 - November 17, 2018
- Todd Matthy’s Writer’s Commentary on Robots Vs Princesses #3 - November 17, 2018