DC Comics has been remaking classic Hanna-Barbera characters into post-apocalyptic post-modern comic books. In the Green Lantern/Space Ghost Annual out next week, famed crime/sex comic creator Howard Chaykin is taking on Ruff And Reddy – and like Snagglepuss, is going back to the fifties.
After a Satellite Sam-like recap of the history of television and how talking animals made their way into it, we get to meet the comparative careers of nineteen-fifties stand-up comedians Ruff and Reddy, based on the 1957 TV comedy show, the first cartoon Hanna-Barbera made for NBC.
Except they aren’t quite together yet.
I believe that’s something about having my cock in your ass, Howard? It seems that’s where the line is drawn for DC Comics.
But apparently that one’s fine. But it’s a cut throat business in comedy it seems…
Thus a legend is born! Ruff And Reddy! No news on where you’ll find more, but the Green Lantern/Space Ghost Annual is out this Wednesday.
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018