DC Comics has been remaking classic Hanna-Barbera characters into post-apocalyptic post-modern comic books. In the Green Lantern/Space Ghost Annual out next week, famed crime/sex comic creator Howard Chaykin is taking on Ruff And Reddy – and like Snagglepuss, is going back to the fifties.
After a Satellite Sam-like recap of the history of television and how talking animals made their way into it, we get to meet the comparative careers of nineteen-fifties stand-up comedians Ruff and Reddy, based on the 1957 TV comedy show, the first cartoon Hanna-Barbera made for NBC.
Except they aren’t quite together yet.
I believe that’s something about having my cock in your ass, Howard? It seems that’s where the line is drawn for DC Comics.
But apparently that one’s fine. But it’s a cut throat business in comedy it seems…
Thus a legend is born! Ruff And Reddy! No news on where you’ll find more, but the Green Lantern/Space Ghost Annual is out this Wednesday.
- Everybody Dies and Azrael Gets a Clone Saga – The Future of Gotham in Tomorrow’s Detective Comics #979 - April 24, 2018
- What If Your Comic Was Turned Into a TV Show and No One Told You? Adi Granov and Metal Hurlant… - April 24, 2018
- Stan Lee’s Lucky Man Comic Published in July 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Covers Of The Immortal Hulk – And How Retailers Can Order Them - April 24, 2018
- The Return of Graig F Weich to Comic Stores – One Way or Another - April 24, 2018