DC Comics has been remaking classic Hanna-Barbera characters into post-apocalyptic post-modern comic books. In the Green Lantern/Space Ghost Annual out next week, famed crime/sex comic creator Howard Chaykin is taking on Ruff And Reddy – and like Snagglepuss, is going back to the fifties.
After a Satellite Sam-like recap of the history of television and how talking animals made their way into it, we get to meet the comparative careers of nineteen-fifties stand-up comedians Ruff and Reddy, based on the 1957 TV comedy show, the first cartoon Hanna-Barbera made for NBC.
Except they aren’t quite together yet.
I believe that’s something about having my cock in your ass, Howard? It seems that’s where the line is drawn for DC Comics.
But apparently that one’s fine. But it’s a cut throat business in comedy it seems…
Thus a legend is born! Ruff And Reddy! No news on where you’ll find more, but the Green Lantern/Space Ghost Annual is out this Wednesday.
- Brits Are Getting Gruesome Context For Guy Fawkes Night From BBC’s Gunpowder - October 22, 2017
- Will Monday Bring Confirmation That MCM And Reed Expo Are Getting Together? - October 22, 2017
- Mark Gatiss And Michael Sheen Finally Make Hammer’s The Unquenchable Thirst Of Dracula - October 22, 2017
- The Unpublished? DC Comics Cancels ‘The Unwritten’ Book 2 - October 22, 2017
- A Familiar Character Is Set To Discover That Peter Parker Is Spider-Man – Again (SPOILER) - October 22, 2017