Though there wasn’t a lot said on the panel at Paley Fest over the weekend, Rotten Tomatoes got executive producer Wendy Mericle to talk about some upcoming Arrow news. It starts off with how the season finales of season 1-4 all put Star City in danger of being destroyed. You’d like to think they’d come up with something new for season five…
I’ll just say this: Star City is not in jeopardy. As we’ve joked before, there’s always a terrorist attack on Star City in May. Not this time. Prometheus is a very personal villain, very psychological villain and the ending will be appropriate to that.
And don’t let the teaser for this week’s episode fool you, it is much darker than the trailer leads on.
Oliver goes through arguably the toughest thing he’s ever been through with Adrian Chase. Stephen gives this performance that he’s more or less broken at the end of the episode.
And finally, we also see Felicity getting in deeper with Helix, is there any hope left for our favorite computer whiz?
She got involved with Helix and she’s now in this really dark space. We’re going to see how she comes out on the other end of that. There’s always hope on Arrow. As dark as we get, ultimately I think there’s a lot of hope on the show.
Arrow airs Wednesdays at 8 PM on the CW.
- HBO’s ‘Here and Now’ is One and Done - April 25, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Two New Episode Titles Revealed - April 25, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Season Finale Will Bring Answers to Lingering Questions - April 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: A New Clue for the Season Finale - April 25, 2018
- 14 New Photos from Supergirl Season 3, Episode 17, ‘Trinity’ - April 25, 2018