Atomica, directed by Dagen Merrill and filmed mostly in a Cold-War-era Titan II missile silo, stars Habel as a young safety inspector, Abby Dixon, forced to fly out and investigate when communications go down at a remote power plant.
Once inside the facility, mysterious clues and strange behaviors cause Abby to have doubts about the sanity, and perhaps identities, of the two employees (Tom Sizemore and Dominic Monaghan) onsite.
Sarah Habel was born and raised in suburban Detroit, got her start in film and TV with a supporting role in Drew Barrymore’ s “Whip It.” Habel’ s other credits include the indie films “Warren,”“Hostel Part III” and a guest starring role on Starz’ s “Party Down.” She lives in Los Angeles with her husband and daughter, where she knits, bakes and practices other grandmotherly arts.
We chat about Atomica and what made Mrs. Grundy– a character she calls “very divisive”– tick.
Listen on YouTube:
Check out the trailer:
Castle of Horror Podcast Links:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or onYouTube.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, writer of IDW’s Ben 10 series and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing. Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man, Tony Salvaggio of Clockwerx from Humanoids, attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver, and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Castle Talk: ‘The Birth of the American Horror Film’ Traces Horror Back to Some Very Weird Roots - May 23, 2018
- Castle of Horror: Body Snatchers Still Chills with Its Message of Dangerous Conformity - May 21, 2018
- Castle of Horror: ‘I Married a Monster from Outer Space’ Is a 1950s Nightmare of Closeted Marital Misery - May 14, 2018
- Castle of Horror: Get Ready for Atomic Big Bugs with ‘Them!’, Plus We Dish on Infinity War - May 7, 2018
- Castle Talk: Larry Blamire, Creator of Lost Skeleton, on Never Having Enough Time - May 2, 2018