Bleeding Cool can, indeed, confirm that the Jim Lee variants for X-Men Gold and X-Men Blue, recycling artwork from his X-Men #1 comic with Chris Claremont, are 1:1000 variants. Comic stores will have to order a thousand of each to get one copy of each.
This follows similar retailer variants for both Venom #1, Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1, and Amazing Spider-Man #25 recycling interior art from Todd McFarlane and John Romita Sr – and yes, the latter was a 1:1000 book for a $9.99 cover price.
And of course, for Marvel, it’s the added benefit of making money off of a man who is now co-publisher of DC Comics. It’s not quite up there with what Todd McFarlane did to him, but it’s certainly a metaphorical kick to the nuts…
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 9th December 2018, “DC Killed It This Week” – and Then Die… - December 9, 2018