In 2015, HBO canned the David Fincher-planned remake of the 2013 Channel 4 TV drama Utopia, a remarkable pharma-thriller with a graphic novel holding a very nasty genetic secret as the MacGuffin. A remarkable show, it lasted two series in the UK and didn’t get off the starting blocks in the USA from HBO.
However a few days ago, HBO registered trademarks for comic books for two words, Utopia and Dystopia.
These are the only trademarks I can find that HBO has registered as comic books. Could it be that, with a TV show that didn’t make it to the screen, it is possible that HBO are going to publish a show that they paid to license, as a comic book?
I think it’s possible that Marvel Comics may have something to say about that…
- A Very Fast Run Through the Sonic #1 WonderCon 2018 Variant - March 23, 2018
- More Action Comics #1000 Covers from Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Dave Dorman, and Felipe Massafera - March 23, 2018
- Marvel Uses Father’s Day to Promote Marvel Rising and Marvel Super Hero Adventures - March 23, 2018
- Sneak Peek at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest from WonderCon 2018 - March 23, 2018
- Only the First Printing of DC Nation #0 Will Be 25 Cents - March 23, 2018