In 2015, HBO canned the David Fincher-planned remake of the 2013 Channel 4 TV drama Utopia, a remarkable pharma-thriller with a graphic novel holding a very nasty genetic secret as the MacGuffin. A remarkable show, it lasted two series in the UK and didn’t get off the starting blocks in the USA from HBO.
However a few days ago, HBO registered trademarks for comic books for two words, Utopia and Dystopia.
These are the only trademarks I can find that HBO has registered as comic books. Could it be that, with a TV show that didn’t make it to the screen, it is possible that HBO are going to publish a show that they paid to license, as a comic book?
I think it’s possible that Marvel Comics may have something to say about that…
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018