In 2015, HBO canned the David Fincher-planned remake of the 2013 Channel 4 TV drama Utopia, a remarkable pharma-thriller with a graphic novel holding a very nasty genetic secret as the MacGuffin. A remarkable show, it lasted two series in the UK and didn’t get off the starting blocks in the USA from HBO.
However a few days ago, HBO registered trademarks for comic books for two words, Utopia and Dystopia.
These are the only trademarks I can find that HBO has registered as comic books. Could it be that, with a TV show that didn’t make it to the screen, it is possible that HBO are going to publish a show that they paid to license, as a comic book?
I think it’s possible that Marvel Comics may have something to say about that…
- Comic Store In Your Future – 8 Years In Fact - September 21, 2018
- Heroes In Crisis Adds Two Issues… And Two Artists - September 21, 2018
- A Comic Show – Another Floridian Store Talks Batman Damned - September 21, 2018
- A New Name For Thought Bubble? - September 21, 2018
- Has DC Comics Got Nightwing Completely the Wrong Way Round? (Batman #55 Spoilers) - September 21, 2018