In 2015, HBO canned the David Fincher-planned remake of the 2013 Channel 4 TV drama Utopia, a remarkable pharma-thriller with a graphic novel holding a very nasty genetic secret as the MacGuffin. A remarkable show, it lasted two series in the UK and didn’t get off the starting blocks in the USA from HBO.
However a few days ago, HBO registered trademarks for comic books for two words, Utopia and Dystopia.
These are the only trademarks I can find that HBO has registered as comic books. Could it be that, with a TV show that didn’t make it to the screen, it is possible that HBO are going to publish a show that they paid to license, as a comic book?
I think it’s possible that Marvel Comics may have something to say about that…
- What Will Heroes in Crisis’s Shocking Opener Be? [Potential Spoilers] - June 17, 2018
- DC Creators Will Be Able to Use Shazam, Legion, and JSA Whether or Not Doomsday Clock Has Finished - June 17, 2018
- Cloak and Dagger Classified Confirmed as Digital-First Series – Luke Cage and Jessica Jones to Follow? - June 17, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 17th June 2018 – Geoff Johns is Mister Ex… - June 17, 2018
- Top 100 Most-Ordered Comics and Graphic Novels in May 2018 – Action Comics #1000 Came 23rd - June 17, 2018