Last month, Bleeding Cool reported that Marvel were to make nine of their titles for April available for retailer exclusive covers, a record number for any publisher. Where retailers pay for an approved artist to create an approved cover especially for them, and have to order 3000 copies (with 1500 of additional filtered variants). It can make a real difference to the overall sales of the covers but increases the costs of doing business considerably.
Well, for May, they are doing exactly the same with another nine. They are,
Secret Empire #1, All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy #1, Black Bolt #1, Jean Grey #1, Generation X #1, Luke Cage #1, I Am Groot #1, Venom #150 and Cable #1.
Smart money will be on Secret Empire and Venom.
Image courtesy of J Scott Campbell who has his own variants to sell from tomorrow…
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018
- 42 Exclusive Comics at ECCC 2018 from Aspen, Dark Horse, Boom, DC, Oni, Valiant, Vault, and More - February 24, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, February 24th, 2018 – Batman Poisons Its Ivy - February 24, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018