Originally announced at last year’s Image Expo for the winter just gone, Howard Chaykin‘s The Divided States Of Hysteria has now been scheduled for June, with Jesus Aburto on coloring, and Ken Bruzenak on lettering.
The Divided States Of Hysteria is set in the aftermath of a dirty bomb that wipes New York City off the map, as what will come to be known as the Second American Civil War shatters the domestic landscape in isolated pustules of violence…and a team of five private contractors is charged with stemming this tide of rage and bringing the bombers to justice.
An America sundered.
An America enraged.
An America terrified.
An America shattered by greed and racism, violence and fear, nihilism and tragedy…
…and that’s when everything really goes to hell.
The Divided States Of Hysteria is described by Image Comics as “a pulls-no-punches, dystopic suspense story about the dramatic downfall of the most formidable and globally far-reaching government the world has ever seen.” In The Divided States Of Hysteria, a deeply troubled America is barely beginning to recover from a profound national trauma, only to be further destabilized by a worst-case terrorist attack.
You can see why it may have been delayed six months. If only to see what happens in real life.
“Black Kiss was banned in the UK and Canada—The Divided States of Hysteria may very well get me arrested here in the good ol’ USA,” says Chaykin. Image further describe it as “a powerful and profoundly unsettling new series echoing today’s political turmoil and the restlessness of a jaded society, Chaykin’s The Divided States of Hysteria is poised to upend what readers have come to expect from comics.
The Divided States of Hysteria #1 (Diamond Code APR170684) hits stores on Wednesday, June 7th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, May 15th.
- Transphobic Scenes In Howard Chaykin Comic Released In First Week Of Pride Month -- And Image's Response To The Reaction
- The Walking Dead #175 Lurches to the Top of Advance Reorders - December 15, 2017
- Pie, Mash, and Comic Shop Piecaramaba! Opens Second Store in Southampton - December 15, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Gets 1st and 2nd Place in November 2017 Charts as DC Sells More Comics, but Marvel Makes More Money - December 15, 2017
- Marvel Comics Teases Surprises for Venom’s 30th Anniversary - December 15, 2017
- What Will Fox/Disney Deal Mean for Firefly, Angel, Buffy, Aliens and Predator? - December 15, 2017