Thanks to the sharp eyes of our friends over at A Perfect Organism podcast, they noticed a recent interview that TheTRENDTalk did with Edward James Olmos where host Bel Hernandez confronts Olmos about his having insisted to her (and to everyone who’s asked him) for months that he either wasn’t going to be in the upcoming Blade Runner 2049, or didn’t know if he would be called on to be in it. It seems now that the time has come for him to finally coming clean and we couldn’t be more excited:
I signed a seven page non-disclosure contract. I did, my manager did, my agent did, everybody did. I couldn’t talk about it. I couldn’t talk about it to anybody about it. Guess what? This is the first time that I’m telling the whole world, that yes, I am going to be Gaff in Blade Runner 2049.
Hernandez asks him about Gaff’s role in the new film and how he fits in:
Well it’s not about Gaff, but it’s about someone who is going to try to find out certain things about us back then. My role is like it was in the original – that time I only had four scenes, in this I only have one. But again, it’s a poignant little scene.
You can watch the interview picking up at the relevant point below:
So given what we’ve seen in the trailer, it sounds like Ryan Gosling’s character will likely make a pitstop to visit Gaff on his hunt for Deckard (Harrison Ford). The film’s release date, October 6th, is still a long way off, until then we’ll have to keep guessing as to what happened to the city to turn it into it’s near Mad Max-desolation.
Director Denis Villeneuve’s last two films – Arrival and Sicario are Academy Award winner and nominee, respectively, so his teaming up with Ridley Scott has every sign of building on the reputation of the 1982 original. The film also stars Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis, Carla Juri, Lennie James, Dave Bautista and Jared Leto.
- Bill Reviews ‘Life’: Ryan Reynolds And Jake Gyllenhaal Star In An Alien For Beginners - March 23, 2017
- First Look Red Band Trailer for Woody Harrelson Murder Drama ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ - March 23, 2017
- The Gong Has Finally Rung Host Chuck Barris Off The Stage, Dies at 87 - March 22, 2017
- Review: Syfy’s Pilot Episode Of Cosplay Melee – Finally A Series That Does Justice For Cosplay - March 21, 2017
- Geek-Culture Focused App ‘Cosmunity’ Has Launched On Mobile, Will Anyone Notice - March 14, 2017