Fans of the Cartoon Network series Steven Universe are about to jump for joy as the network officially announced that the game would be coming to consoles as an RPG this year. The game will be called Save The Light, a sequel to their hit mobile game Attack The Light, featuring a story and content from the show’s creator, Rebecca Sugar. We don’t know which consoles will be in the mix to receive the game, nor do we have any definitive details about how the game will fit into the series, but at the very least it’s going to be bigger than the predecessor and rely on RPG elements for the mechanics, so it should be worth the money for fans.
It’s a step in the right direction for Cartoon Network as their night-time counterpart, Adult Swim, has not only capitalized on the gaming market but formed their own studio dedicated to making weird and insane games that fit their viewing audience. There aren’t a lot of games out there made of CN’s original programs from over the years, and a good chunk of the ones that do exist… kinda suck. To see them move forward with a new title from an established property that’s super popular on their channel right now is great news. Now we’ll just wind the clock to see how long until we get an Adventure Time RPG.
Steven Universe Save The Light was announced by Grumpface Studios, yesterday, on blogspot in co-operation with Cartoon Network Games.
- Stage One Finalists For Esports Industry Awards To Be Announced On Twitch - June 28, 2017
- A New ‘Dragon Age’ Title Is Coming From BioWare - June 28, 2017
- Rick And Morty Invade ‘Move Or Die’ With New Cameo Pack - June 28, 2017
- The Overwatch League Is Building A Scouting Report For Their Top Players - June 27, 2017
- Someone Made A Fidget Spinner Verision Of Agar.io … Why?! - June 27, 2017