Bleeding Cool has been reporting how Marvel Comics have been overshipping comics like crazy, sending more to comics stores than they have ordered, to encourage retailers to give out samples/find a higher ceiling for sales/improve their Diamond statistics.
Recently we also told you that Image Comics has joined in the game, sending out extra copies of Kill Or Be Killed to match retailers orders for #5.
And now Dynamite are the latest, with launches of Charmed #1 and Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys #1 arriving at comic stores this week with an extra 20% worth.
Dynamite CEO/Publisher Nick Barrucci says “We have two great series by incredibly talented creators, and series that have the potential to bring in readers from outside of the comics market. We will be promoting each launch with the support of our rights holders, CBS and Simon & Schuster, to reach a broader market, and wanted retailers to have copies on hand as we reach out to a broader market. We want to take risk away from retailers and shipped an additional 20% of their orders at no cost to help them capitalize day and date. We know that this promotion will be successful for our retail partners and look forward to evaluating the results for future new promotions.”
2017 – The Year Of The Overship.
Charmed #1 proudly continues the story of Phoebe, Piper, and Paige, television’s favorite witches, in all-new adventures set within official continuity! By the creative team of Erica Schultz and Maria Sanapo, the story follows the Halliwell Sisters as they confront a terrifying force in the San Francisco art world, a threat perhaps greater than the Power of Three!
Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys #1 presents a mystery of the famous teen sleuths like you’ve never seen before — in crime noir style! When Frank and Joe Hardy are suspects in their father’s murder, Nancy Drew must pose as a dangerous femme fatale to prove their innocence! Anthony Del Col and Werther Dell’Edera reimagine the detectives from the multi-million selling novel series for comics!
- Writer's Commentary: Anthony Del Col Talks 'Nancy Drew & The Hardy Boys: The Big Lie #4'
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics June 2018 Solicitations - March 20, 2018
- Batbooks Get Fill-In Arcs Until After the BatWedding – a BatRelaunch in the Cards? - March 20, 2018
- Aquaman, Nightwing, Suicide Squad, and Justice League Go from $2.99 to $3.99 in June - March 20, 2018
- DC’s New Age of Heroes Continues to Churn Through the Artists Who Were Meant to be First - March 20, 2018
- So Who is Writing Harley Quinn Anyway? Christopher Sebela or Sam Humphries? Or Both? - March 20, 2018