There had been a lot of fuss over Wonder Woman writer Greg Rucka‘s statement that Wonder Woman was bisexual. At the time we pointed out following that logic would mean a similar status for Artemis, one of the Red Hood & The Outlaws.
And today, that comic seems to follow through. Red Hood & The Outlaws by Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rocafort portrays a story between Artemis and Akila, both Amazonian warriors.
With just the right measure of flirting and innuendo.
Although it doesn’t seem to give Red Hood pause…
I’d also like to draw attention to this rather clever piece of comic book storytelling shows, a broken glass, the splinters of which form panels, reflecting the events going on around it – including Artemis’ own particular way of “punching up”.
Red Hood & The Outlaws #6 is published by DC Comics today.
- A “Classic” Strip Mixing Light and Dark: Dunce - June 23, 2018
- Antarctic Press’s Killer Cold Treats for the Summer - June 23, 2018
- When Brian Azzarello Opened the Wrong Hotel Door to Find Adam West – The Batman Panel at Denver Comic Con - June 23, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: The Comic Industry, Full of Roadblocks - June 23, 2018
- DC Comics 100-Page Giants Will Only Have 12 Pages of Exclusive Story, Will Be Reprinted This Year: Palmiotti - June 23, 2018