The latest announcement from Adult Swim Games is Kingsway coming to PC in summer 2017. The announcement trailer is run as an old-school infomercial for a new computer operating system, but it is absolutely a point-and-click RPG styled to look like Windows 95.
You can chose from a variety of different character types like any RPG, each of which has its own special skills. The game within Kingsway comes complete with quests and random enemy encounters that function as pop-ups on the fictional OS which allows you to customize the interface to suit your playstyle. And naturally, killing enemies, plundering dungeons, and completing quests grants you loot. The more difficult the challenge, the better the loot you get. Standard RPG right?
Well, the world of Kingsway is randomly generated each time you play it and death is a permanent ending to your adventure. Life is simply an illusion and death is everywhere, alright? How well you multitask will absolutely affect the game and how successful you are with it. If nothing else, just managing all the popup windows will take some skill and a decent amount of finesse.
So while you’re sitting on a computer with a less busy OS, you may as well look into Kingsway.
Kingsway is a solo effort from game developer Andrew Morrish. DualShockers has the release date set for August 1, 2017, but the official announcement gives no final date. Just Summer. I don’t doubt we’ll end up seeing the game sometime near August 1st, but I’m hesitant to put that much of a point on it.
Attendees of PAX East will be able to play Kingsway at the Adult Swim Games booth.
- Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire Doesn’t Leverage Its IP Enough - November 23, 2017
- Holiday Gift Guide Roundup: What To Get The Gamers In Your Life - November 23, 2017
- Holiday Gift Guide: Which Weird Games Accessories Does Your Gamer Want? - November 23, 2017
- Holiday Gift Guide: What Is VR, And Why Would A Gamer Want It? - November 23, 2017
- Holiday Gift Guide: Which Games Should You Buy The Gamers In Your Life? - November 23, 2017