You may have noticed that with each new round of Marvel solicits that Jeff Lemire is writing less and less for Marvel.
He went from writing a lot of stuff over the last two years, becoming exclusive with Marvel in April 2015, named lead writer on X-Men after Brian Bendis to… suddenly writing nothing as of May 2017.
IVX finishes soon, as does Thanos, he’s off Old Man Logan, off Moon Knight, left Extraordinary X-Men and there is nothing from Marvel to replace it.
Some thought he, like other Marvel A-List creators, may be working in advance on new work for the Make Mine Marvel not-a-relaunch later in the year.
ECCC gossip has it that he has quit Marvel completely. That his two-year exclusive deal may be coming to an end, and he’s not looking for it to be renewed. Joining the likes of Matt Fraction, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Ed Brubaker, Rick Remender and more on the creator-owned bandwagon like his new Royal City comic – with a little work for hire on more generously paying projects, and that film option on Underwater Welder with Ryan Gosling also helping out the cashflow.
Other Posts About Jeff Lemire:
- Ryan Gosling Is Developing Jeff Lemire’s Underwater Welder
- Jeff Lemire Introduces Bloodshot’s Daughter (And Punches Nazis) For Bloodshot Salvation #1 In September
- Image Comics Solicits For March 2017 Launches Jeff Lemire’s Royal City, Daniel Warren Johnson’s Extremity And Ray Fawkes’ Underwinter
- Sony Options Scott Snyder And Jeff Lemire’s A.D. After Death
- Jeff Lemire and Emi Lennox’s Plutona Acquired By Waypoint Entertainment
- A Certain Someone Returns In Today’s X-O Manowar #4 (SPOILERS) - June 28, 2017
- There’s Nothing There … Except For A Second Print Of #1 - June 28, 2017
- The Betrayals And Revivals Of Secret Empire #5 SPOILERS - June 28, 2017
- All Coffee Might As Well Be Decaf To Kryptonians – Action Comics #982 - June 28, 2017
- How Imperious Are Today’s Secret Empire Crossovers? Secret Empire #5, Occupy Avengers #8, Amazing Spider-Man #29, Guardians Of The Galaxy Annual #1 - June 28, 2017