It was an educated guess. And it appears to have paid out.
I am told, spinning out of ECCC, that as part of Marvel’s upcoming “Make Mine Marvel” relaunch in the autumn that, rather than relaunching with a load of new issue 1s, instead, we will get a load of new… legacy numbers.
All the old-school legacy characters will return with issue numbers that will add up all the issues published of that character’s central series so far, including all the relaunches.
Of late, Marvel has normally done this just for promotional effect. They like to relaunch titles with a #1 fairly regularly to benefit from #1 sales bumps. This move may indicate a change in direction for the way future.
This includes a Bruce Banner-starring Incredible Hulk and a non-Hydra Captain America.
The first will be Venom which will keep going after its promotional #150 in May with #151 in June.
And Thor? Thor is due to be #700 in the autumn. I think.
If anyone wants to work out what issue number all of these books should be…. well, you’ll do a better job than Marvel usually do when they try.
- Marvel Challenges Their Readers To Find Wolverine In The Backs Of Certain Comics - December 14, 2017
- Dark Horse Comics Solicits for March 2018 – New Arc for American Gods, New Black Hammer, and Hellboy Omnibuses Begin - December 14, 2017
- Kersplatt Comics of Cairns City to Close at the End of the Year - December 14, 2017
- Maestros #3 and Amazing Spider-Man #792 Go to Second Print; Batman #38 Sells out in Advance - December 14, 2017
- M. Night Shyamalan Returns to Ontario St. Comics to Film Final Scenes of Unbreakable Sequel, Glass - December 14, 2017