Serinda Swan first his comic fans’ radar when she was cast as the mistress of magic, Zatanna on Smallville. Since then she’s made some appearances on Chicago Fire, Breakout Kings, Graceland and the Tomorrow People. Now she’s joining the Marvel universe in the new ABC series The Inhumans. EW.com is reporting that Swan will play Medusa, the queen of the Inhumans and the love of Black Bolt (Anson Mount).
Medusa is Black Bolt’s most trusted advisor and speaks for a king whose whisper could destroy mountains. She has the ability to control her hair as if they were another limb or like a prehensile tail. Each strand has a greater tensile strength, modulus of elasticity, and shear resistance than an iron wire of the same thickness. She first appeared in Fantastic Four #38 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
Showrunner Scott Buck said this of Swan’s casting:
Serinda Swan brings a regal elegance, as well as a sense of great inner strength and fierce determination, to the role of Medusa. I couldn’t be happier to have her as our Queen of Attilan.
The Inhumans will debut in IMAX theaters for two weeks before airing on ABC.
- Sideshow Unveils New Zatanna Premium Format Figure
- Smallville Actors Get To Grips With DC Comics' Superman Offices...
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 11 Recap: The Creator - June 24, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 10 Recap: The Main Ingredient - June 23, 2018
- Rosario Dawson on Exploring if Claire Temple is Really Helping - June 23, 2018
- Theo Rossi on How There is Nothing Else Like Marvel’s Luke Cage on Television - June 23, 2018
- Mustafa Shakir on How Nyabinghi Music Helped Him Become Bushmaster - June 23, 2018