Serinda Swan first his comic fans’ radar when she was cast as the mistress of magic, Zatanna on Smallville. Since then she’s made some appearances on Chicago Fire, Breakout Kings, Graceland and the Tomorrow People. Now she’s joining the Marvel universe in the new ABC series The Inhumans. EW.com is reporting that Swan will play Medusa, the queen of the Inhumans and the love of Black Bolt (Anson Mount).
Medusa is Black Bolt’s most trusted advisor and speaks for a king whose whisper could destroy mountains. She has the ability to control her hair as if they were another limb or like a prehensile tail. Each strand has a greater tensile strength, modulus of elasticity, and shear resistance than an iron wire of the same thickness. She first appeared in Fantastic Four #38 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
Showrunner Scott Buck said this of Swan’s casting:
Serinda Swan brings a regal elegance, as well as a sense of great inner strength and fierce determination, to the role of Medusa. I couldn’t be happier to have her as our Queen of Attilan.
The Inhumans will debut in IMAX theaters for two weeks before airing on ABC.
- Sideshow Unveils New Zatanna Premium Format Figure
- Smallville Actors Get To Grips With DC Comics' Superman Offices...
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018