Neil Gaiman has just entered into an exclusive, multi-year first look agreement with FremantleMedai North America. FremantleMedia is already adapting American Gods and now provides the groundwork to adapt any of Gaiman’s wide ranging works from novels to short stories, etc. for television. The deal also allows for adaptation of projects involving third party source material and intellectual properties. The partnership spans Gaiman’s involvement in all creative capacities, including as a writer and as a producer. It’s expected that upcoming ventures will encompass both original content, as well as existing Gaiman properties, many of them bringing in acclaimed creators from additional fields, with Cat Mihos continuing to serve as the director of development for Gaiman’s The Blank Corporation.
Commented Neil Gaiman, “Working with my friends at FremantleMedia on shepherding American Gods to the screen has been exciting and delightful way to spend the last three years. I’ve learned to trust them, and to harness their talents and enthusiasm, as they’ve learned to harness mine. They don’t mind that I love creating a ridiculously wide variety of things, and I am glad that even the strangest projects of mine will have a home with them. American Gods is TV nobody has seen before and I can’t wait to announce the specifics behind what we have coming up next.”
American Gods is set to premiere on STARZ on Sunday, April 30th in the U.S., and Amazon Prime Video internationally on Monday, May 1st.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 11 Recap: The Creator - June 24, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 10 Recap: The Main Ingredient - June 23, 2018
- Rosario Dawson on Exploring if Claire Temple is Really Helping - June 23, 2018
- Theo Rossi on How There is Nothing Else Like Marvel’s Luke Cage on Television - June 23, 2018
- Mustafa Shakir on How Nyabinghi Music Helped Him Become Bushmaster - June 23, 2018