Well, that’s an Oscars for the history books. Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway announce La La Land for Best Picture — but it’s a mistake. The envelope apparently contains the winner for Best Actress (Emma Stone, for La La Land), instead of Best Picture. Watching the video with the benefit of hindsight, it’s clear that Beatty and Dunaway are confused about what they see on the announcement card in the envelope, but in the moment, decide to push forward anyway.
Moments later, with La La Land‘s cast and team on stage and thinking they’d won Best Picture, producer Jordan Horowitz steps to the microphone and holds up the actual winner of Best Picture, telling the world, “This is not a joke, Moonlight has won best picture.”
— ABC News (@ABC) February 27, 2017
- Emma Watts Will Lead 20th Century Fox Film in the Disney Era - October 18, 2018
- Happy! Season 2: Making Easter Great Again with Weird Al and More Morrison Magic - October 6, 2018
- Mile High Pedigree Planet Comics Run Coming To ComicConnect Event Auction Beginning November 12 - October 5, 2018
- Batman 1839, Part 1: Mad Men of Gotham - September 18, 2018
- Getting Ready for the Year of the Bat - September 16, 2018